2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Best Car Ever Owned
By ksp2trader on 03/25/13 23:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Without a doubt, the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned plenty. Hottest looking car on the road with its sexy lines, accelerates like it has a supercharged V8 with endless power (thanks CVT) and handles like a RWD sports car yet is still a awesome family car if need be. I own a White on Black with the Sport/Tech package SV (awesome Navi system), have 115k on the odometer and never had any major problems with the car. Looks, performance, reliability, I think I summed up the perfect car.

The Problem Car
By momadukes on 02/09/13 09:22 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My car was making a roaring noise so I took it to the dealer. The just about replaced the whole front it. The problems with the air condition was exhausting they had to replace the compressor, condenser and found out it was the intake sensor. Now the car is making a squeaking in the back which now it means it need shocks. This car has to many kinks in it that wasn't worked out.

Good for the money...just good
By bigeandkenna on 02/14/12 08:21 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a base model with cloth seats. Basically a rental car. But you would never know it from 10 feet away. Same good looks, same wheels, same growl from the exhaust. This car has great power and handling for $31G. Average 19MPG of premium. 27 on long trips. This car has long legs and you find yourself driving too fast. Interior quality has been disappointing. Rocking drivers seat- replaced once and still rocks and at 28K miles the interior rattles. The CVT drops the RPM's to early on slow driving and it groans. Steering column locked up and needed replacement. Back seat is hard to get in and out of for taller persons but ok once inside.

2 years not a problem
By texdave on 06/05/11 16:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I leased the car new with a fantastic lease deal. It is fast and fun to drive. 21 mpg average city and highway driving and I drive fast. 45,000 miles and have had no problems with the car at all. I would highly recommend this car. Try to find a good deal on a used one.

Lots of problems with memory seats
By jeayrs on 05/12/11 16:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has a rough ride and lots of road noise when driving over about 30mph. Have taken mine into the shop 3 times because the memory seats will not hold what is programed into them. Also had a problem with the steering wheel falling and locking into the down position after turning off the car and then it would not come back up when ignition was started. Again, another trip back to the shop.

4 door Sports Car
By miles316 on 03/28/11 10:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The 4 door spots car indeed; My Nissan Maxima SV sport package, loaded. Your evaluation of this car will depend on your definition of driving. If you like hard cornering and accelerating adrenaline junky of a car, this is for you. If you want to drive in acute boredom, void of road feel with high speed cornering avoidance, look to Lexus and Cadillac DTS. You need to take this car by the scruffs; tame it like a bull, and you’d be laughing. I got my wife an Acura TL SH-AWD 2010; great car. The Acura tells you when you are going too fast. My Maxima says “is that all you’ve got” seducing you into losing your license. What a machine.

Maximize Your Ride
By johnnyboy8 on 03/14/11 22:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking for a fun, sporty, pre-driven sedan. I looked at a number of cars including the Acura TL and Cadillac CTS. This was a gorgeous car, but after reading the reviews, it appeared that buying it would be like having a beautiful blonde with STD's. Every review spoke of how often the car was in the shop. I was done then with the GM flagship. So I took a trip to the my local Nissan dealer and found the color I wanted. After 10 minutes of test driving the Maxima, I was hooked. It was smooth, roomy, powerful, comfrotable, and cornered like it was on rails. The technology in the premium package was as good as any Lexus or Mercedes. Best value and best decision I ever made!

The best MAX ever
By dk1navy on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have to tell everyone I'm totally enjoying the ride of the Maxima. When i drive it i feel like I'm in the Bat mobile. the car has great pickup and shift smoothly from one gear to the next. I just traded in my 2001 MAX for this 2009 and I feel like I jump into a time warp the features and style of driving is light years difference.

Not Bad
By Tim B on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Got 24,500 miles and one front end accident, and car is still kicking. When I bought the car it had the wrong speedometer in it. Got the speedometer swapped after complaining. The car is smoth handles great, and is fast. Still I think it is over priced but no one can tell that mine is not the fully loaded sv model. I got a good deal on it

2009 problem
By Robert on 08/08/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Has anybody had a problem with the a/c not working while you are driving on a 2009 maxima. It works when the car is at idle but when you start driving it stops working. Had it in 5x to get it fixed and they can't fix it. I am now starting the process to have it come under the lemon law. Nissan said they would not do anything for me except take it back to the dealer to have them look at it again.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Maxima Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*