2008 Nissan Maxima 3.5L V6 Automatic Consumer Review - Won't get fooled again

2008 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SL Sedan (3.5L V6 Automatic)

Won't get fooled again
By WhatHappened? on

2008 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In the first 12k miles, I've had: 3-4 service trips for check engine light before replacing faulty gas cap. service: re-glue interior upholstery near moon roof. It was suggested that the cause of it coming off may have been use. Use. Guess they never planned on people using it more than 3 times. service: re-glue cheap material around steering column which was splitting along the seam. Guess I wasn't supposed to use the steering wheel either. - worst car in snow I've ever driven - jarring ride - scraped bottom going 1 mph over a speed bump. - very quick to scratch, chip, rust. - sun visor bracket came loose when I popped it off to put visor by side. started rattling. Total # uses:2

Favorite Features

Engine is good and transmission hasn't failed in the first 12k miles, despite my having used both of these components multiple times. Earlier model year Maxima drivers will not know how miserable you are with yours unless you let them ride in it.

Suggested Improvements

Spend the extra 50 cents per vehicle to use better glue/screws/Velcro. Fix suspension. Lower prices or use better materials/paint/rustproofing. Start planning an incentive program to win back consumers who have left Nissan due to their 2008-2010 model year vehicles.