Maxima - Better than Accord or Camry!
By Kim on
2008 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I purchased a 2008 Maxima-SE withh Platinum Edition Package 3 months ago. It is the perfect combination of sport & luxury. It feels sportier than the Toyota Camry, and more refined than the Honda Accord. I chose the "SE" because I like the brushed aluminum accents (versus the wood-tone accents in the "SL"). I like the way the car handles - except it does have a larger turning radius than some other vehicles in this class. The Platinum Edition Package adds many great options. The heated steering wheel is great on cold mornings! Seats are comfortable. CVT keeps the ride smooth while accelerating. I even considered the Lincoln MKZ before deciding that the Maxima was the overall winner.
Favorite Features
Great exterior styling. Everyone comments on the "SkyView Roof" and how impressive the car looks overall. I like the cornering lights, which illuminate in the direction of the turn signal. Power folding side mirrors when going through tight spaces. 2-Driver memory settings are much-appreciated.
Suggested Improvements
The climate control system is a bit awkward. The heated seats don't get as hot as my other vehicle. No major improvements needed!