Best deal in its class.
By al on
2008 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
This is my Max but I've known the blood line since the Datsun 710 and 810 days. I have to warn you, that CVT is quick. Yes I did have some reservation about CVT and performance. This car put that to rest. I was in the market for a TL Avalon and considered an Accord but after crunching the numbers and the grim factor the Max won hands down. This car has one issue however, it's happiest when pushed, say at a RPM of about 27+. The acceleration is quick, seamless and the braking system assures you all is well, in the event you need to calm youself down. I would opt for the VDC over the TCS, just my opinion. I commute in an area with a lot of hills and this car make those hills disappear.
Favorite Features
Remote that opens roof and windows. Nav and Bose audio. Beefy 18" tires. Power mirrors with auto dimming. Xenon lights high/low beams. The trunk is crazy. The new rear spoiler was an improvement over 07. The heated bucket seats, leather, firm, I love the feel on the turns. Oh, the smile.
Suggested Improvements
Well, I don't known, maybe Xenon fogs. Well that's not important. Let me see, hmmmm. Oh yeh, the Am / Fm reception could be improved. I like the idea of the Tiptronic shift, but I don't really use it. I got it, I would like to see Nissan make a manual gear box available.