2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Its ok but will not buy nissan again
By eg7737 on 09/24/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had a 2006 Nissan altima before this maxima and it was the worst car ever. I had all sorts of problems the dealer had to put a brand new engine when I had 8000k miles anyways I decided to buy a maxima because it looked Nice. I've had this 2008 maxima for a little over a year and I'm actually writing this review from the service waiting area at the dealership apparently my battery is dead.. Mind u its practically a new car and I've only had it for a little over a year. I am the first owner and already having problems. Also all the cheap plastic parts they use on this car are breaking. Both charging ports are broken the visors are breaking apart the ac vent doesn't work, the shifter broke off

Not even close to a sports car!
By Hatedit on 06/30/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This model is marketed as a sports sedan. Don't be fooled. The transmission can't figure out what gear to be in. It takes several seconds to figure out to downshift. You can confuse it by using the manual shift mode. It reacts with disdain at any aggressive driving. The brakes fade and shudder with excessive use. It handles like a cow. Torque is completely absent. The turning ration is terrible as is fuel economy. The chrome wheels peel with only one winter. Expect to visit the dealer with many problems with ignition sensors & check engine lights. I traded a 2000 Maxima which was a completely different car. Check out that trade-in value! Nissan will NEVER get my business again.

I LOVE, LOVE THIS CAR!!
By Laurie on 05/19/09 13:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded a Nissan Quest for the Maxima in the fall of 2007 and I couldn't be happier! My parents owned Datsun products when I was a kid--anyone remember the 280Z? This car is fun to drive, handles beautifully, lots of power, and extremely reliable. Not one problem since the purchase.

Great Car
By Johnny Drama on 05/07/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Maxima for just over 1 month now and I love it. Great features and the CTV transmission is flawless. This car is fun to drive!

My awsome car!!!
By roland m on 05/02/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my maxima. I owned a '99 and it was awesome as well, so i just had to buy another one. My maxima hasn't given me any problems so i am fully satisfied. As any mass production items there is bound to be several glitches so we can't expect them all to be perfect, thank you nissan!!!

2008 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5
By robin0107 on 04/30/09 07:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have own 2 Maximas before and have returned to one after 4 years. I found a like new limited eddition for a good price. It drives well and is very quiet. I have found no problems or complaints so far. It gives me 26.1 miles per galons, good confort and nice ride.

At 32K Miles-Poorly Made Car
By Kay on 04/28/09 20:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Nissan (first Maxima) and my last!!!!! There is a constant rumbling vibration felt through the gas pedal and steering wheel between 20-45 mph. I have taken my car to over 6 different dealers and they couldn't fix it or really find the problem, so the service rep came and said "this is normal for this transmission"!!!! For a car that cost this much!!! There FLAGSHIP VECHICLE!!!!They claim this new transmission is seamless, which apparently it's not. It is soooo aggravating, and to top it off now my car constantly sounds like it is revied up high!!!!!! So, I'm now stuck with it!!!! I wanted to get the 09, but now I am scared....

Love Love Love
By Ebony on 04/28/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I like Nissan as a brand and wanted something a bit more flasy than a honda or toyota but not quite Lexus or Audi. I graduated college and wanted a upgrade from my 02 Nissan Sentra. I love the butt on this car. From the back it looks so classy. Ride is smooth and goes from 35mph to 70mph without the shift reaction.I notice I can hear the engine a bit but the bose stereo system drowns that out.

Awesome
By Christie on 03/19/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love the power, CVT transmission. I'm a first time Maxima owner and Love it!! Very fun to drive and absolutely no complaints regarding the handling, power nor looks!! Only pesky issues is the view from rear view window and there are a couple of parts in the interior a little cheap and flimsy and the head rests are a bit too forward and after reading other reviews I now know it's not just me having a little difficulty trying to park. Other than that the car is beautiful and cannot believe how fun it is to drive. way to go Nissan!

13K on the clock
By rj33 on 02/24/09 14:17 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Spent a good month looking for a new car. Looked at various crossovers/SUVs/sedans and ended up on the Maxima due to the screaming deal offered because of the pending all new '09 model release. The premium optioned SE is the way to go, larger wheels, better ride, spoiler, yet still has all of the goodies (leather, heated seats, Bluetooth, XM, etc.). Gas mileage is 22-23 but I have gotten about 26-27 on a 250 mile stretch of highway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.