2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Excellent car, excellent value!
By bobafett14 on 09/04/12 12:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Only negative is the turning radius. 3 point turns and squeezing around tight spots (i.e. parking lots) can be tricky at times. Othewise, this is a great car at a great price. Holds up well, repairs are minimal. I went with a Nissan Maxima after years ago vowing never to buy chevy after seeing a fleet of salesman (company) cars (1/2 the sales force picked Chevy Mailbu 1/2 picked the Altima, 6 Malibus and 6 Altimas go head to head over a 3 year run). Basically the Malibu's ALL started shaking, rattling, needed "front end" work..ballbearings needed repaired, brakes/rotors...you name it...all went after about 24K to 26K..the Altimas didn't need any repairs until into thier 30K's.

Won't get fooled again
By WhatHappened? on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In the first 12k miles, I've had: 3-4 service trips for check engine light before replacing faulty gas cap. service: re-glue interior upholstery near moon roof. It was suggested that the cause of it coming off may have been use. Use. Guess they never planned on people using it more than 3 times. service: re-glue cheap material around steering column which was splitting along the seam. Guess I wasn't supposed to use the steering wheel either. - worst car in snow I've ever driven - jarring ride - scraped bottom going 1 mph over a speed bump. - very quick to scratch, chip, rust. - sun visor bracket came loose when I popped it off to put visor by side. started rattling. Total # uses:2

Feel every bump in the road
By eileen on 04/12/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I went from a Jeep to a VW to a Nissan and will never buy Japanese or Nissan again. I like the car overall but you feel every single little bump in the road. It feels like your rims are going to crack when you go over a bump.

I LOVE, LOVE THIS CAR!!
By Laurie on 05/19/09 13:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded a Nissan Quest for the Maxima in the fall of 2007 and I couldn't be happier! My parents owned Datsun products when I was a kid--anyone remember the 280Z? This car is fun to drive, handles beautifully, lots of power, and extremely reliable. Not one problem since the purchase.

2008 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5
By robin0107 on 04/30/09 07:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have own 2 Maximas before and have returned to one after 4 years. I found a like new limited eddition for a good price. It drives well and is very quiet. I have found no problems or complaints so far. It gives me 26.1 miles per galons, good confort and nice ride.

Love Love Love
By Ebony on 04/28/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I like Nissan as a brand and wanted something a bit more flasy than a honda or toyota but not quite Lexus or Audi. I graduated college and wanted a upgrade from my 02 Nissan Sentra. I love the butt on this car. From the back it looks so classy. Ride is smooth and goes from 35mph to 70mph without the shift reaction.I notice I can hear the engine a bit but the bose stereo system drowns that out.

Great Car
By dlkl1193 on 01/27/09 11:30 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have own a Maxima before and have returned to one after 3 years. I found an off-lease Maxima SL that was loaded. It drives well and is very quiet (due to the SL's tires). SE drives like a go-cart and was too rough for me. I have found no problems or complaints so far. First tank on premium yielded 22.3 MPG over 60% freeway and 40% city. Averaged 25.2 @ 75 MPH on fairly level interstate for a 48 mile stretch.

CVT - EXCELLENT CAR
By Rick on 11/16/08 11:40 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned a 2005 Maxima, which was totaled early this year and now a 2008 Maxima. This car is really a considerable car to purchase. The comfort and performance stands out in 2008 Maxima. There are too many car buyers down-playing the CVT engine. People have been use to the engine shifting over 50 years of cars. This Maxima with CVT has no shift shock. So it's nice and smooth driving. 0-60 in 6 seconds and I able to pull a track time of 14.8 1/4 mile in 75 degree weather. With my 05 Maxima, I put on 35K miles and had NO problems with the engine. Now with this new 2008 Maxima, I have 5K miles and still no problems. This 08 SL is worth what I spent and I highly recommend it.

Great Car
By Jada2020 on 11/04/08 22:18 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car! I really like this car tho it could use some refinement. The CVT is one of the best transmissions out (smooth as silk) I will say that the price tag is a bit much for a fully loaded 3.5SL. All in all, I really like my car and will keep it for a few years!

Problems!
By PJM on 08/21/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had problems with this vehicle since the day we drove it home from the dealer. After 4 months of trying to deal with Nissan, we have yet to have anyone actually take responsibility to fix or replace this car. We have waited weeks for phone calls. We have a brand new car that we are afraid to drive and nobody seems to know how to fix it. Nissan is also ignoring the service dept at the dealership attempting to repair this car. Guess the next step is to hire a lawyer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.