Used 2008 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Great Car
By lwash1212

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 08 Maxima about 4 months ago. Driving this car is a blast it has plenty of power and the lack of road noise is incredible. After reading reviews on how horrible this car is on hitting bumps in the road. I came to the conclusion that as long as your not hitting bumps at excessive speeds just like any car its perfect. The design of the exterior is real classy with a sports car feel. The interior is comfortable and there is a few pieces that I think could be made alot better but that comes along with any car. I love the car and the only complaint from me is the turning radius but if you've ever owned a sports car they all are.

Fun car, HORRIBLE turn ratio!
By Sarry

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have always driven Honda's. Decided to turn in my Honda Civic for a 2008 Nissan Maxima. Totally FUN to drive! Blow by people while barely pushing in the accelerator! Overall a really nice car. Gas mileage not great but its a souped up V6 sports car, I expected that. The one MAJOR complaint I have is the turn ratio! I have to practically make a three-point turn to get into a parking space. Trading it in because of those two things. Can't stand it anymore. I can barely get through a coffee drive through! Put good tires on it and it's actually pretty good in the snow for a CAR. Traction control.

Favorite Features

Speed, sound system, look.

Suggested Improvements

Turn ratio! HORRIBLE.

Low build quality that takes all the fun
By Hondaguy

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nissan wanted to make the most profit possible, so they built this nice car with the lowest quality parts available. The car has nice transmission, powerful engine, comfortable seats. and low quality material. bad suspension, below average rims quality, precise steering that won't last long. noisy gas tank when it's full.The car also has a very large turning radius makes you feel you're turning with a semi truck. Nissan also has a very bad customer service with the slowest response in the industry.

Favorite Features

CVT transmission, powerful engine, comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

suspension, rims, steering components, smaller turning radius and using higher quality parts in general that matched the car 30k sticker price.

Already traded it in
By Katprielle

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in '99 Altima for 2008 Maxima, loaded w/everything but nav system. I missed my Altima. Battery went out within a year. Not prepared for how low it sat (my fault, it's a sports sedan). I scraped the front bumper (visible damage) on the curb of a parking space within a month and had a hard time getting in and out of steep parking lots. The turning radius is horrible and the car is so long that I had a very hard time parking and backing out of tighter spaces. I live in a city where it floods; I kicked myself for two years because the car sits so low I could not really drive in the rain. I traded it in for an AWD Subaru Forrester that sits up high, has great clearance and turns on a dime.

Favorite Features

CVT, Bose Stereo, keyless entry and start, nice looking car with nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better trunk light. Needs a much better turning radius. Very rough ride over bumps. I'd prefer it to sit higher off the ground, but again, it's a sports sedan so live and learn.

Nissan rules
By bambam1962

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I/we own a 1997 maxima, with 197900 mileage, never been in the shop.. replaced only the alternator and a heater sensor behind the glove box which was simple.. OK as of this one the 2008 just purchased 12/18/09 so far so good.

Favorite Features

CVT trans, Bose system, heated seats, 18" rims, leather, you know what everything!!

Suggested Improvements

the Body and motor,, have to agree with others I cant tell the differences maxima and altima the Max should have a 3.8V6 even better a 4.2L V6 fast baby.. zoom boom past mazda.. lol