2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Great Car
By lwash1212 on 10/19/11 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 08 Maxima about 4 months ago. Driving this car is a blast it has plenty of power and the lack of road noise is incredible. After reading reviews on how horrible this car is on hitting bumps in the road. I came to the conclusion that as long as your not hitting bumps at excessive speeds just like any car its perfect. The design of the exterior is real classy with a sports car feel. The interior is comfortable and there is a few pieces that I think could be made alot better but that comes along with any car. I love the car and the only complaint from me is the turning radius but if you've ever owned a sports car they all are.

Fun car, HORRIBLE turn ratio!
By Sarry on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have always driven Honda's. Decided to turn in my Honda Civic for a 2008 Nissan Maxima. Totally FUN to drive! Blow by people while barely pushing in the accelerator! Overall a really nice car. Gas mileage not great but its a souped up V6 sports car, I expected that. The one MAJOR complaint I have is the turn ratio! I have to practically make a three-point turn to get into a parking space. Trading it in because of those two things. Can't stand it anymore. I can barely get through a coffee drive through! Put good tires on it and it's actually pretty good in the snow for a CAR. Traction control.

Low build quality that takes all the fun
By Hondaguy on 07/13/10 00:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nissan wanted to make the most profit possible, so they built this nice car with the lowest quality parts available. The car has nice transmission, powerful engine, comfortable seats. and low quality material. bad suspension, below average rims quality, precise steering that won't last long. noisy gas tank when it's full.The car also has a very large turning radius makes you feel you're turning with a semi truck. Nissan also has a very bad customer service with the slowest response in the industry.

Already traded it in
By Katprielle on 05/11/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in '99 Altima for 2008 Maxima, loaded w/everything but nav system. I missed my Altima. Battery went out within a year. Not prepared for how low it sat (my fault, it's a sports sedan). I scraped the front bumper (visible damage) on the curb of a parking space within a month and had a hard time getting in and out of steep parking lots. The turning radius is horrible and the car is so long that I had a very hard time parking and backing out of tighter spaces. I live in a city where it floods; I kicked myself for two years because the car sits so low I could not really drive in the rain. I traded it in for an AWD Subaru Forrester that sits up high, has great clearance and turns on a dime.

Nissan rules
By bambam1962 on 02/14/10 17:25 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I/we own a 1997 maxima, with 197900 mileage, never been in the shop.. replaced only the alternator and a heater sensor behind the glove box which was simple.. OK as of this one the 2008 just purchased 12/18/09 so far so good.

Good, but needs a tighter turning radius
By Max on 02/06/10 09:52 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This model is a good size for what I need. My 2 sons have plenty of room in the rear.

Very good but not great
By Kojak on 02/05/10 14:26 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has so much potential but.... I researched cars for months looking for a replacement for my 99 5 speed Maxima. Ended up with another Max although was not pleased with the transmission choice. The CV tranny is ok, smooth and quiet, but leaves you feeling disconnected from the engine and the road. I feel much less like I'm driving a sports sedan and more like dads buick. The car is very roomy, heat and a/c works well, leather is nice, the car looks nice too. The tires and rims look great, but the tires are too low profile resulting in a really rough ride. Have already blown out one front strut. Did not like the Bose radio in my old Max and the one in my 08 is worse.

Its ok but will not buy nissan again
By eg7737 on 09/24/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had a 2006 Nissan altima before this maxima and it was the worst car ever. I had all sorts of problems the dealer had to put a brand new engine when I had 8000k miles anyways I decided to buy a maxima because it looked Nice. I've had this 2008 maxima for a little over a year and I'm actually writing this review from the service waiting area at the dealership apparently my battery is dead.. Mind u its practically a new car and I've only had it for a little over a year. I am the first owner and already having problems. Also all the cheap plastic parts they use on this car are breaking. Both charging ports are broken the visors are breaking apart the ac vent doesn't work, the shifter broke off

Not even close to a sports car!
By Hatedit on 06/30/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This model is marketed as a sports sedan. Don't be fooled. The transmission can't figure out what gear to be in. It takes several seconds to figure out to downshift. You can confuse it by using the manual shift mode. It reacts with disdain at any aggressive driving. The brakes fade and shudder with excessive use. It handles like a cow. Torque is completely absent. The turning ration is terrible as is fuel economy. The chrome wheels peel with only one winter. Expect to visit the dealer with many problems with ignition sensors & check engine lights. I traded a 2000 Maxima which was a completely different car. Check out that trade-in value! Nissan will NEVER get my business again.

Great Car
By Johnny Drama on 05/07/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Maxima for just over 1 month now and I love it. Great features and the CTV transmission is flawless. This car is fun to drive!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.