Love to the Max
By rideordie on
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I've had my max for a few weeks now and I love it. I've driven many V6's but this CVT is, by far, the smoothest, and one of the quickest. It adjusts to your driving style so when your taking it easy, it drives in a higher gear for better fuel economy, and yes as someone said, it can feel a bit lethargic off the line in that mode. Feels like it starts in 2nd? However, if you drive a more aggressively, off the line, at 100 mph, or anywhere in between, this car is a beast! It automatically adjusts and rides in higher RPM's to stays in the "sweet spot" where are the power is. It's very sure-footed in corners with hardly no body roll, but feels a bit heavy. All around a quality built car.
Favorite Features
Pretty much everything, but the monster engine and CVT tranny are great! Power is never too far away no matter which mode your in. The sporty SE styling is very eye catching! Compliments every time I'm in it.
Suggested Improvements
Some cheaper feeling plastics used inside (i.e window/lock buttons). Break-up the option packages for more flexibility. Not everyone wants leather seats on a fully loaded vehicle.