Just OK
By sgkoch on
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I bought my 2007 Maxima new and it now has 22K miles on it; I live very close to work. At 19K miles the AC compressor went and took out the whole system including the serpantine belt. We were stranded in the middle of nowhere 75 miles from home. Thankfully I had 9 days left on the 3/36 warranty so the AC was covered. However Nissan did not have the compressor in stock and it was on backorder for 2 months. What does that tell you...Must be alot of AC's going out. They did provide me with a rental car but it was still a pain not having my car. Other than that nightmare the car has been OK. It's fast, it handles fine for what it is and it's comfortable. The Bose system is great.
Favorite Features
The 6cyl motor is bacically the same one Nissan has used for years;it's bullit proof. The brakes are the best Ive had on any car and I've owned a few...The Bose system is great to say the least and the car looks good ( to me anyway..)
Suggested Improvements
The interior is a bit on the cheap side and I hate the amber interior lights. I have foam insulation coming out from under the trim on the dashboard. My 1998 Maxima was of higher quality overall.