Junk Crap POS
By acme1020 on
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Bought the Max new in Jan 07. First dissapointment gas mpg. Usually get 19.5 split city highway driving. Never been over 24mpg even on long highway trips going 65mph. Struts were replaced at 15000 miles by warranty. Tires were wore out at 30000. Whole new sunroof put in at 35000. Needed rear shocks at 50000. Rear ABS sensor for $800 at 55000. The car is currently in the shop for the other rear sensor, one front sensor, and actuator for a total of $2500. The dealer called Nissan and got them to pay half of the last bill cause there was another one in there for the same thing. They know this is a problem but will not recall. This is my first and last Nissan.
Favorite Features
The power, transmission, style, the overall look. The car is fun and comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Have a recall on the ABS sensors. Better gas mpg.
By vkmaxima
on 03/09/11 21:58 PM (PST)

This is a bogus review. I've managed to acquire 29-35 mpg highway at 70 mph! Are you evening putting premium fuel?

By frustrateddude
on 05/06/11 20:25 PM (PDT)

I agree with disappointment with Nissan. I paid 35k for a Maxima 2007 SE and it was a huge disappointment. Vibration at 1500 rpm, definitively CVT transmission issue that started around 10k miles and I have been telling the dealer and they denied any problem with the car. Now the warranty is over and car continues with the same problem. Battery died in only 3 years which wasn't covered by the warranty. Tires are worn and cracks show with only in 30,000 miles.

By avagnetti
on 03/05/11 12:00 PM (PST)

I have around 24,000 miles on my 2007 maxima ls that I bought new and we've been getting a hard and noisey ride on our side streets and it's been a couple of years, once your on the highway it's a very smooth ride. Wondering if anyone else had the same problem? I had it at the dealership and I mentioned the struts and they said everything looked good and it isn't the struts. I've replaced the front dic brake pads. The gas mileage is about 13.5 per miles per gallon, which I think stinks.

By mrbizness1
on 11/21/11 19:08 PM (PST)

07 maxima cvt no have a freee 100k warrranty from Nissan. I got a letter from them last year advising me of the extension.

By goldie0611
on 04/19/13 14:46 PM (PDT)

I bought my 2007 Maxima SL brand new. It's my 3rd Nissan and 2nd Maxima. I've always loved their cars and have had great experiences up until my 2007. About a year in, 2008, I had to have the front & back rotors replaced due to vibration while doing highway speed, have had them smoothed once since and need new back rotors again. I had to have the air conditioning repaired after 2 years due to faulty hoses. I have needed the battery replaced every 2 years to the day since I've had it (covered under warranty by Nissan however they cannot tell me why this is happening). The transmission went out in 2011 (40K miles) and was fully covered and replaced by Nissan along with the motor mounts. Motor mounts were replaced again end of 2012 along with other warranty work due to leaking valves. Fortunately, all of this was covered with the exception of the $50 deductible however the time I've lost getting this fixed has been a hassle. Keep in mind I've kept up on all scheduled maintenance through Nissan. I've talked to the consumer affairs department due to all the issues I've had unfortunately all they can do is tell you what remains covered on warranty and try to assure you that if other issues occur they will take care of. I love my car and the performance however I'm extremely disappointed by the issues I've had.