Great!...not near the issues others have had.
By wtgkb8 on
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Bought the car with 5 mi in late 2007 for $6k off MSRP. Have only replaced RR wheel bearing at~68k miles(under my warranty). Other items have only been normal wear items such as battery. Have only done regular maint. at home, with the exception of the trans maint. at dealer at around 60k miles. I could have not asked for any better car regarding reliability. Run purely 91-93 oct. fuel, and get 18-20 city, 25-28 hwy mpg since day one! I was skeptical with the CVT at first, but I don't think I can go back to a regular auto ever again! Throttle response is immediate, and the car learns your driving style regarding to trans and throttle reactions. Ready for 2012-13 model to add to or replace.
Favorite Features
Love the engine power and sounds, CVT, throttle response, handling, braking and all the features that were standard equipment. Standard 240 watt stereo rarely disappoints...and has been better than I ever though it would be.
Suggested Improvements
Most improvements have been made with the latest generation of the Maxima. I would just hope for better graphics in the center radio display for non-nav cars. Tighter turning radius would be nice, but I have read this has also been improved with the latest model. Better factory installed tires would be nice, even though I got over 52k miles on the Eagle RS-As, with tread to spare. Have very few issues with the 79K+ miles so far.