Consider the Maxima
By maross on
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I was getting sick and tired of the cost of upkeep so I traded an Audi A8 for my new SL. First let me say the Maxima doesn't come close to the overall ride quality of an A8, however for 1/3rd of the price the Maxima drives very well, is tight, quiet, and has every feature and more of an A8. If you forget about "image" and think about a good, solid, dependable, feature loaded car, at a reasonable price, you have to look at the Maxima. I have only had the car 3 days but I have already taken it on a 300 mile road trip and am very pleased. I am counting on it being dependable and inexpensive to maintain, not like the A8 but my Pathfinder that I bought new in 1990 and now has 175K miles
Favorite Features
While all the bells and whistles are nice, the greatest feature (most useful) is the Bluetooth phone connection. It hooked right up to my Treo 650 and when calling or receiving calls, both the nav and radio cut off. Next, I find the seats fit me perfectly and are far more comfortable than the A8.
Suggested Improvements
I think the ride quality of the SL would benefit from different tires. When I bought the A8 I immediately changed the tires to Michelin which resulted in a much more comfortable and quieter ride. I think the Maxima SL would also benefit from better tires. Maybe upgraded tires should be an option.