Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

2007 maxima SL
By mack

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a very smooth riding car and is easy to drive.

Xenon headlights, Bose sound system is great and interior quietness.

Turning radius, gas mileage and torque steer.

HATE THIS CAR
By Kim

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The seats are the most uncomfortable I have ever owned. The turning radius is like you are in an 18 wheeler. The gas mileage is a lie, the most we have ever gotten is like 20.9-21, very disappointed. I had a Highlander before and would trade this in a heart beat for another one. It is a good looking car on the outside but that is about all good I can say for it. Will NEVER own another one. Been to 2 dealerships they say nothing is wrong and gas mileage should get better... yeah right!

Color, outside look of car ,very sporty looking, get compliments.

Turning radius, comfort of the seat, gas mileage, no room, rides rough

OK but leaves one wanting more
By Ken

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a pretty good car overall. Not sure I would pay again for the same model. The 07 re-design is not bad but the 09 is far better.

The radio is good with quality sound. Bluetooth, CVT is smooth, quickness and power to pass easily on the highway. Front seats are nice for a tall person.

Touch screen Nav with only one voice! Turn radius is terrible. Avoid bucket rear seats at all costs! Bluetooth should be surround sound and not just one speaker on the right side door. Fit and finish is pretty poor and too many cheap plastic pieces all around.

Nissan Won't Honor Warranty
By 1adam12ks

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I like the car, comfortable and smooth. The transmission is great, mileage never hits sticker but expected that. Main problem is leather seat - I paid high $ for luxury package with leather seats. First car I have ever had with leather. In under 9 months the drivers seat has big area of wear on leather. No luck through customer service, Nissan claims 'normal wear'. I don't believe every car on the road with leather seats has the seats crumbling in under a year, Nissan should replace considering how much the option for the seats is.

CVT is very cool.

Improve leather seat quality. Bluetooth mic is bad, everyone complains they cannot hear me.

Lemon of a car
By Melissa

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My check engine light has been on 3 times since March, two dealers cannot find the problem, so they reset the computer and send me on my way. And my leather seat was defective, that has been replaced. Did I mention my bluetooth has been replaced also, all of this before the 6,000 miles mark. What a lemon. If you own a Nissan, good luck if you have a warranty issue.

Hard to see out of the back window to back up. Also no turning radius, especially with u-turns.