Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

A let down
By Scott D

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have owned other Maximas and have not been happy with my 2007 SL. Parks like a truck, have had ongoing problems with front struts, even after being replaced after 4 trips in. Have a co-worker with an 07 SE with the same issue yet deal claims they have not seen this before. Has nice speed and decent ride but handling is not great on the highway or on curves. Too much road noise in cabin.

Acceleration, Bose system

improve steering, diminish cabin noise, reduce turning radius (my SUV parks much easier)

Maxima Overdrive
By TonyLove

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned my previous car for over 10 years, so it was time to start car shopping, looked at the Maxima SE with the driver package due to its size and highly competitive price for the amount of driver features. I was pleased! I drove from Atlanta, Georgia to the white-knuckle mountains of West Virginia, without stopping until I got to Wythesville, VA, which is ~400 miles from my door without stopping for gas. I only stopped because I was driving for 4 hrs and needed to rest. I averaged 29 MPG with the cruise control set. The XM radio, Bose system, handsfree Bluetooth to my cell talking to the wife and family, etc., all kept me company during the 8.5 hr journey.

Power! Very responsive during my trip up the 6 - 9% grade mountains in WV. No lack of power when passing vehicles up the mountains XM radio, especially since the merge, more channels! The navigation system. Backup tone indicators. Intelligent key system

The turning radius is less than desirable, you just have to plan your turns well ahead of time :-)

Maxima Fan
By bankerman

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have driven this vehicle in all types of weather conditions from 9 degrees to 109 degrees (no exaggeration). It is the third Maxima we've owned. Each one seems to improve over the last. It is comfortable, good looking, and instruments are convenient. CVT is a great thing!

The power is wonderful when passing big rigs. Seats are comfortable and makes long trips feel less tiring. The Bose system makes the radio and CDs come alive.

Turning radius seems to be an ongoing challenge to Maxima. Bluetooth doesn't always work properly. Gas mileage was a disappointment - expecting 28 mph and best we can get is 25-26.

2007 maxima SL
By mack

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a very smooth riding car and is easy to drive.

Xenon headlights, Bose sound system is great and interior quietness.

Turning radius, gas mileage and torque steer.

HATE THIS CAR
By Kim

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The seats are the most uncomfortable I have ever owned. The turning radius is like you are in an 18 wheeler. The gas mileage is a lie, the most we have ever gotten is like 20.9-21, very disappointed. I had a Highlander before and would trade this in a heart beat for another one. It is a good looking car on the outside but that is about all good I can say for it. Will NEVER own another one. Been to 2 dealerships they say nothing is wrong and gas mileage should get better... yeah right!

Color, outside look of car ,very sporty looking, get compliments.

Turning radius, comfort of the seat, gas mileage, no room, rides rough

• SUV