Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

GREAT AUTO
By narf

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have owned this auto for almost two years - no problems, oil changes only. I will buy a new one when the 2010 models come out. You can't buy a better made auto for the price. (a friend bought an Accord, paid more and got less - no comparison on handling)

Everything!

Better gas mileage.

Gotta Love That Nissan
By lovemynissan

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Maxima after months of research. This would be my 3rd Nissan, 2nd Maxima and I haven't been disappointed yet. Kudos to the design team for producing yet another eye- catching slick machine. The CVT is smooth and pretty responsive although a manual tranny option would be nice. The ergonomics are great as is the feel of the car on the road. I've read many reviews about the cabin noise, and the factory tires are the culprit. I replaced the Continentals with a set of Sumitomos and cabin noise/road noise is greatly reduced. The funky orange temp/radio display whites out in direct sunlight. I purchased the car new and 56k mi later, no major mechanical issues.

body style, strong engine, neatly stacked controls/display, back lit dash, smart key

bring back a manual transmission option!

Best Choice Ever Made!
By chileeroks

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently purchased my 2007 Maxima and it was the best choice I ever made. I made a step up in purchasing the Maxima with previously owning an Altima. Nissan makes a great quality car. The ride is smooth, the options are great! My only complaint is the vehicle recommending premium gas but it does get great mileage. I drive mostly highway and I get about 20- 21mpg. I feel safe in this car and it's fun to drive!

Bose radio system, 6 in dash cd player, interior dash light, xenon headlights

not having to use premium gas

Room for improvement
By Shonte, NY

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the 07 maxima is a nice looking car to the eye! But, there are downfalls. Such as, cabin noise, front end humming, mechanics state there's no problem. tire pressure light consistently comes on. On acceleration the steering wheel shakes at about 55 mph.

Projection lights, love the smart key feature and keyless start. Overall sportiness, 18 inch alloy wheels.

Improve tire pressure monitor, turning radius, cabin noise. SE model would have been nicer with blue HID's as well.

Another excellent Nissan product
By 07Max

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had no complaints about the vehicle so far. The car does have a large turning radius, but you know it's there so you just plan accordingly. It was obvious on my test drive, and I bought it anyways, so I can't complain about it. Love the navigation, Bluetooth, comfortable leather seats (which hold up very well, the family dog gets the back seat and they still look new after a year and a half), heated seats, heated mirrors, and can't forget the heated steering wheel which is a must to combat cold Minnesota winters. Excellent ride quality, good passing power, and I find it to be one of the more attractive sport sedans on the market.

Rock solid reliability (2nd Maxima with no problems), heated steering wheel, heated seats, navigation system's ease of use and quick recalculations when I'm not paying attention, Bluetooth, attractive exterior and interior styling.

Has plenty of power, but I would have liked more (2009 model solves this), tighter turning radius would be nice (2009 model solves this also), would also have liked All-Wheel Drive option.

• SUV