Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Room for improvement
By Shonte, NY

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the 07 maxima is a nice looking car to the eye! But, there are downfalls. Such as, cabin noise, front end humming, mechanics state there's no problem. tire pressure light consistently comes on. On acceleration the steering wheel shakes at about 55 mph.

Favorite Features

Projection lights, love the smart key feature and keyless start. Overall sportiness, 18 inch alloy wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Improve tire pressure monitor, turning radius, cabin noise. SE model would have been nicer with blue HID's as well.

Another excellent Nissan product
By 07Max

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had no complaints about the vehicle so far. The car does have a large turning radius, but you know it's there so you just plan accordingly. It was obvious on my test drive, and I bought it anyways, so I can't complain about it. Love the navigation, Bluetooth, comfortable leather seats (which hold up very well, the family dog gets the back seat and they still look new after a year and a half), heated seats, heated mirrors, and can't forget the heated steering wheel which is a must to combat cold Minnesota winters. Excellent ride quality, good passing power, and I find it to be one of the more attractive sport sedans on the market.

Favorite Features

Rock solid reliability (2nd Maxima with no problems), heated steering wheel, heated seats, navigation system's ease of use and quick recalculations when I'm not paying attention, Bluetooth, attractive exterior and interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Has plenty of power, but I would have liked more (2009 model solves this), tighter turning radius would be nice (2009 model solves this also), would also have liked All-Wheel Drive option.

A let down
By Scott D

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have owned other Maximas and have not been happy with my 2007 SL. Parks like a truck, have had ongoing problems with front struts, even after being replaced after 4 trips in. Have a co-worker with an 07 SE with the same issue yet deal claims they have not seen this before. Has nice speed and decent ride but handling is not great on the highway or on curves. Too much road noise in cabin.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Bose system

Suggested Improvements

improve steering, diminish cabin noise, reduce turning radius (my SUV parks much easier)

Maxima Overdrive
By TonyLove

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned my previous car for over 10 years, so it was time to start car shopping, looked at the Maxima SE with the driver package due to its size and highly competitive price for the amount of driver features. I was pleased! I drove from Atlanta, Georgia to the white-knuckle mountains of West Virginia, without stopping until I got to Wythesville, VA, which is ~400 miles from my door without stopping for gas. I only stopped because I was driving for 4 hrs and needed to rest. I averaged 29 MPG with the cruise control set. The XM radio, Bose system, handsfree Bluetooth to my cell talking to the wife and family, etc., all kept me company during the 8.5 hr journey.

Favorite Features

Power! Very responsive during my trip up the 6 - 9% grade mountains in WV. No lack of power when passing vehicles up the mountains XM radio, especially since the merge, more channels! The navigation system. Backup tone indicators. Intelligent key system

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius is less than desirable, you just have to plan your turns well ahead of time :-)

Maxima Fan
By bankerman

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have driven this vehicle in all types of weather conditions from 9 degrees to 109 degrees (no exaggeration). It is the third Maxima we've owned. Each one seems to improve over the last. It is comfortable, good looking, and instruments are convenient. CVT is a great thing!

Favorite Features

The power is wonderful when passing big rigs. Seats are comfortable and makes long trips feel less tiring. The Bose system makes the radio and CDs come alive.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius seems to be an ongoing challenge to Maxima. Bluetooth doesn't always work properly. Gas mileage was a disappointment - expecting 28 mph and best we can get is 25-26.