2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Love It!
By Renee on 09/21/07 14:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

There hasn't been any other car out there that has caught my eye until now! I saw this car at a glance when they first came out and had to have it. It's super quick and so comfortable for long trips, everyone has ample space. Trunk is great for shopping excursions. Nice feature, keyless, don't have to have keys in your hand to open any of the doors or trunk. Headlights you can see superclear on dark highways.

CVT needs work
By rgc on 09/18/07 12:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in my 2004 Maxima and in all honesty I should have kept it. The CVT was supposed to increase performance and fuel economy. Didn't do either. I get fewer MPG and the CVT makes the car very unresponsive off the line. Although, I must admit my last Maxima got better gas mileage with 75K miles on it than new. Couple of times I thought I was going to be run over cause the trans wouldn't go! I have never owned a car that doesn't move, for about a second, when you stomp on the gas, it's scarey.

2007 Nissan Maxima
By Thoroughly Tested on 09/18/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After six months of spirited driving, I still enjoy the car. On ramp acceleration to 100 mph feels about as fast as our 2006 WRX. Comfortable, well put together, handles well, good road feel, steering is nicely weighted. The Max tracks well; goes where I point it. I took several thorough test drives in the conditions I would be driving (interstate, mountains, 2 lanes and in town). Drove several Maxs, all felt good and had good build quality, fit and finish. I used Edmunds. Researched using the net and found dealer(s) who encouraged me to take my time and get to know the vehicle.

All show
By charles schell on 09/09/07 03:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Poor handling at high speed. Car shakes at high speed. Car seems to float at 80 mph. Very top heavy in curves. Car tight into curves, loose in the center and loose out of curves. Car performance seems to go away during after being driven through out day. Low gear is too high, poor performance at start. A/C fan blower very low. Door locks should lock when car is in gear.

Comfort, luxury and performance
By jim4649 on 08/26/07 21:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 4th Nissan and I absolutely love this car. Smooth, comfortable, quiet ride, good acceleration, great transmission, great brakes, adequate handling, lots of luxury features (try the heated leather seats on a cold winter morning), great stereo and stylish looks. This is fast car. I've owned a V8 Mustang GT (4.6L, 260hp, 301 torque) and a few Honda sportbikes, so I know what fast is. This is not a sports car but it's certainly no slouch.

New Maxima
By John Coontz on 08/13/07 10:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

First Maxima, shopped for 3 months before settling on the SL. Great ride, sufficient get up and go. Noticed the oversteer, but disengaging the TCS seemed to fix that. If you want a tighter ride, suggest the SE. The SL feels luxurious and the interior is solid. Still feeling out the quality, haven't had an issue yet.

Not a real maxima
By SC on 08/10/07 09:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded my 03 Maxima SE in on the new 07 Maxima SE thinking that it was going to be a major improvement over my 03. Nissan did a wonder job in the styling of the car. About 2 months after I had the car I noticed a shake in the steering wheel. I have taken it back to the dealership 4 times and they still have not fixed the problem. Also the quality is not as good there is a lot of road noise, interior finish poor. I don't understand what Nissan is doing with the Maxima. I was a loyal Nissan person but they really have to step it up on the 2010 model to keep me with Nissan. My 03 would blow this new one away.

Great Auto
By Nonni on 08/06/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just purchased a 2007 Maxima two weeks ago and just love it. We had a Maxima in 1994 and 1998, but then we switched to the Toyota Camry, 2000, 2004 and 2007. We watched the quality go down with each new model. We are now back to Nissan and very happy with this purchase. It's very well made and a pleasure to drive. No problems!

Disappointed
By Phil in Mn. on 07/11/07 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is by far the poorest quality Nissan I have ever owned and I have had most of the models, 240Z, Maxima, 350Z, and Murano, yes, I was a loyal customer. The overall body panel fit is poor to say the least, the engine is loud especially when it is cold, the hood shake is almost scary, makes you think it is un-latched, and the interior road noise is terrible for a so-called luxury car.

BEST CAR EVER!!
By Kim Ovelgonne on 07/08/07 20:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Maxima SL is luxurious, sporty and fun to drive. This car has power with a smooth ride. The Maxima is roomy and sleek on the inside. The leather is soft yet sturdy. The carpet and mats are plush. When I saw the Maxima I loved the body style. I took it for a test drive and I knew that this was the car for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.