Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

CVT transmission problem
By My 2007 Maxima

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my '07 Maxima new. Now have 50k miles on it in 2.5 years. Until 3 weeks ago only put oil in it and normal preventative maintenance like rotate tires and check fluids. Recently took it to the purchasing dealership service dept. and they say the CVT transmission is going bad. Luckily it is under warranty. (60k miles) I first noticed a light tapping noise at slow speed coming from the front end. Now three weeks later I am waiting on a new transmission to come in as they do not have re-manufactured ones because they are too new. Still runs, but the tapping noise is irritating. Did not pay the $$ I did to have it go bad. When working fine, the CVT is GREAT. Otherwise, I love the car.

CVT - When working right Styling Handling Fit and Finish

Turning circle Brushed aluminum around shifter - Dents too easily and reflect light

Bang for your Buck!
By harrisc

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The 2007 Maxima is a blast to drive. It IS a "four-door sports car". This means that it handles really well, and has a powerful 255 hp engine. The CVT took a few drives to get adjusted to, but now I really like it - no jerky down-shifts in cruise control etc. Now regular automatics feel odd. I've become spoiled by never having to take my keys out of my pocket. The negative is - while the sport-tuned suspension makes the Maxima fun to race on curvy roads - it also lets you feel every bump on the road. A worthy trade off.

The subtle mods to the 2007 Maxima body compared to the 2006(grille,headlights,exhaust tips),and interior(control panel with buttons) really improve the look and sex appeal. The CVT is a pleasant surprise. It fully exploits the 255 hp engine - giving maximum output and fuel efficiency at every rpm.

More horsepower!! (You can't ever have enough) No chrome on the gear-box! It reflects sun directly into your eyes.

GREAT AUTO
By narf

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have owned this auto for almost two years - no problems, oil changes only. I will buy a new one when the 2010 models come out. You can't buy a better made auto for the price. (a friend bought an Accord, paid more and got less - no comparison on handling)

Everything!

Better gas mileage.

Gotta Love That Nissan
By lovemynissan

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Maxima after months of research. This would be my 3rd Nissan, 2nd Maxima and I haven't been disappointed yet. Kudos to the design team for producing yet another eye- catching slick machine. The CVT is smooth and pretty responsive although a manual tranny option would be nice. The ergonomics are great as is the feel of the car on the road. I've read many reviews about the cabin noise, and the factory tires are the culprit. I replaced the Continentals with a set of Sumitomos and cabin noise/road noise is greatly reduced. The funky orange temp/radio display whites out in direct sunlight. I purchased the car new and 56k mi later, no major mechanical issues.

body style, strong engine, neatly stacked controls/display, back lit dash, smart key

bring back a manual transmission option!

Best Choice Ever Made!
By chileeroks

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently purchased my 2007 Maxima and it was the best choice I ever made. I made a step up in purchasing the Maxima with previously owning an Altima. Nissan makes a great quality car. The ride is smooth, the options are great! My only complaint is the vehicle recommending premium gas but it does get great mileage. I drive mostly highway and I get about 20- 21mpg. I feel safe in this car and it's fun to drive!

Bose radio system, 6 in dash cd player, interior dash light, xenon headlights

not having to use premium gas