2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Excellent Value
By P2D2KU on 01/01/08 17:09 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for 5 months. During this time I have driven it 3300 miles. It is a pleasure to drive. The handling is excellent, it also has very good acceleration. It does have a small amount of torque steer which is not surprising for a FWD vehicle with this much HP. At this point I do not have anything negative to say.

Fun to drive but not to the gas station
By QwikKota on 12/17/07 12:05 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very fun car to drive and very comfortable for those who like a sporty ride. CVT is not one for enthusiasts but the engine and suspension make up for it. Excellent brakes and handles well enough to be fun yet not beat you up on bad roads. Base sound system is impressive. Navi adds lots of custom settings base needs dealer to change. Leather seats are very nice and soft. Lumbar is so so. Pretty quiet inside but it's not a Mercedes. Getting about 20 mpg with 15 mile commute mostly city driving. 25 hwy but you must drive it lightly. Too fun to keep your foot out of it.

Excellent vehicle
By bb on 12/08/07 12:59 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Best value for the money. The CVT is great, drives like a dream with no shifting jerks.

Good Car
By Max Man on 11/09/07 08:48 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have recently purchased the 2007 Maxima SE. Before that had a 2005 Altima SE. The Maxima offers great features with a smooth transmission (CVT). Very comfortable car to drive as I put on a lot of KM per year. Nice finishing touches inside Maxima logo inside evry door chrome acents. Drove a few luxury sedans G35 TL and pricing and options on the Maxima SE matched others and own 2 other Nissans 1986 300ZX turbo (my fun summer car) and 2005 Xterra.

It's a good car at a good price
By Rick Roland on 11/07/07 11:43 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Maxima I have always been a fan of the Maxima. I have had the car for a year now and have put 6,500 miles on it and it has been a pleasure to drive. I have had a few rattle problems which have been fixed and belt trim the chrome pieces on the roof have been replaced twice due to fading.

I'm not a happy camper!
By GBINFL on 11/07/07 05:41 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Took 3 tries to get SES (check engine light) to stay off (bad evaporative purge solenoid?). The driver's seat pops/clicks when turning left, the driver's door has an intermittent rattle, the steering wheel shimmys when stopping hard and fast (front rotors?), a fastener is missing from the plastic motor undertray, and the rear engine mount creaks when starting out (had it up on a lift when trailer hitch was installed - found the creak location with a stethoscope). Mileage markedly worse than '03 I traded in. CVT has not won me over yet. Back to the dealer again today. Lastly, incredibly cheesy and cheap feeling door handles. Yikes!

My 2007 Max
By Kent on 10/29/07 17:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Really love this car. I looked and drove many models and for the money this is the best. Top features, room, style that can't be beat.

Almost an Infiniti
By Picky on 10/29/07 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have 8k miles on my SE and though it took some time to bond with it, I truly enjoy driving it. Once you accept this is a fwd car (and will never handle like a rwd car) it's probably one of the better handling large fwd cars out there, especially under $40k. Suspension is tight in the corners and smooth on the straights. 3.5L engine provides fantastic performance but could easily be higher if Nissan didn't have to worry about competing with their Infiniti line. CVT (continuously variable transmission) is quite remarkable. Feels like it always gears the vehicle down for better performance, especially at higher speeds. 50 to 100 mph feels more like 350hp with the CVT. A special ride indeed.

I Love It!
By Luv2Kleen on 10/08/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in an 02 Nissan Altima for the Maxima. I absolutely love it! It's very stylish and fun to drive.

Fuel Economy suffers
By volsfan16 on 10/03/07 21:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded a 2005 Maxima for a 2007 Maxima. The fuel economy was rated the same so I didn't think anything about the CVT affecting it. However this 07 Maxima operates at 25% higher RPMs than my 2005 Maxima did. It also gets 25% less MPG than my 2005 Maxima did. Traveling on the interstate at 70MPH, I get about 23MPG and the RPMs are turning at 2500. In town driving yields gas mileage similar to my V8 full-time 4WD vehicle. Tried consumer affairs to see if this was something that should happen and they were of no help at all. Received a form response that didn't even attempt to answer my question. Also, the CVT is not nearly as responsive as the old transmission.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.