Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Should've kept looking!
By Charles Williams

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought it in July 2010 as I thought was an upgrade from my 1998 dodge stratus. The first mistake I made was when I test drove it; I loved the ride of it and the smoothness of the CVT transmission, but little did I know that that is pretty much the only good thing about this car. I thought I did my homework on it but apparently not. I should've read the reviews on this site from people because the people giving it bad reviews are spot on. I waited 8 years to get a new car and I ended up getting totally let down. I immediately regret my decision.

Favorite Features

The sporty exterior, nice looking interior, and the smoothness of the ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better FUEL EFFICIENCY, 28 mpg yeah right more like 20, cheap leather, crappy turning radius, the Bose system is weak, doors close very cheaply. All in all the car is way over priced for what you get; I should've kept looking. Oh well, now I'm stuck with a below average car and a $15,000 loan..FML!

The good the bad the ugly
By jennifer

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

THE GOOD- looks good, lots of power, love the heated seats and steering wheel. the back up sensors have me spoiled. THE BAD- shimmies all over the road on acceleration. anything above 50 my steering wheel shakes. when you shut the doors it sounds like they used sheet metal to build them. replaced the timing chain already. the speakers have a short in them. there is a squeaking in the front end but the dealers mechanics never hear it. car shudders after i start the engine like its not getting fuel, but only of the afternoon when i am leaving work not in the morning. UGLY- the chrome is faded. poor poor paint job. 2 mo after i bought the car pain started chipping. carpet coming up.

Favorite Features

power color sunroof auto seat adjustment back up sensors heated steering wheel the sporty look

Suggested Improvements

upgrade interior. carpet needs upgrade. better quality of pain. doors wont stay open when getting out-put deeper notches in the door to help keep it help open. 6 disk cd player doesn't want to play all disks.

Not Recommended
By mjf

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this vehicle in November of 2009 to replace a Mazda 3. We were looking for something bigger. We got bigger, but not better. Not impressed with the interior. The air vents are horrible. They don't blow where you want them to and not much air comes out of them. The amber interior lighting is not impressive. Really old fashioned. The alternator just went out at 44,000 miles. Had to get that replaced. Not happy about that. Have to use premium gas or car shakes. Not happy about that. Premium gas is expensive, plus the tank size is massive, and it drinks gas. We should have kept our Mazda 3. Regret the decision to get a Nissan maxima. Probably won't ever buy a Nissan again.

Favorite Features

Exterior look. Power driver seat. Auto-dimming rear-view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Interior lighting. Gas mileage. Air vents. Larger glove box. Center console.

Excellent car
By Phil

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this 07 Maxima for $15,000 CDN this spring. It had 116,000 km. I am impressed with its power, handling, and comfort. The stereo is great and it came with new Toyo tires.

Favorite Features

Sound system, auto dim mirrors, heated seats, leather.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a 5 speed would be nice.

Not a good car for the $!
By amik

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had 4 other Maximas and the last one I had was a 2000 model & had over 250,000 miles on it when I traded it in and it was still going. The '07 I've only had it 3 years now & LOTS of problems. In the shop every 3 weeks. ONLY use premium gas & make sure you do not drive this car low on gas, trash will get in cam shaft sil. valves & cause timing & knock in engine & will smoke BAD when you crank it up & it cost $600 just to replace front set and 2 months later had to replace them again & just been told they need to be replaced for a 3rd time. Also change oil at 3,000 miles even though book says 5,000. Also A/C has went out 2 times in 2 years. Now have to replace oil pump & possibly motor.

Favorite Features

BEAUTIFUL CAR! Lots of room for it's size & great resale value. Very sporty & lots of power for a V6.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe try to improve engine quality to what is use to be in Maximas. Wish I still had my 2000 model, it was an awesome car!