2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Room for improvement
By Shonte, NY on 04/19/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the 07 maxima is a nice looking car to the eye! But, there are downfalls. Such as, cabin noise, front end humming, mechanics state there's no problem. tire pressure light consistently comes on. On acceleration the steering wheel shakes at about 55 mph.

Another excellent Nissan product
By 07Max on 04/02/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had no complaints about the vehicle so far. The car does have a large turning radius, but you know it's there so you just plan accordingly. It was obvious on my test drive, and I bought it anyways, so I can't complain about it. Love the navigation, Bluetooth, comfortable leather seats (which hold up very well, the family dog gets the back seat and they still look new after a year and a half), heated seats, heated mirrors, and can't forget the heated steering wheel which is a must to combat cold Minnesota winters. Excellent ride quality, good passing power, and I find it to be one of the more attractive sport sedans on the market.

A let down
By Scott D on 02/20/09 14:09 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have owned other Maximas and have not been happy with my 2007 SL. Parks like a truck, have had ongoing problems with front struts, even after being replaced after 4 trips in. Have a co-worker with an 07 SE with the same issue yet deal claims they have not seen this before. Has nice speed and decent ride but handling is not great on the highway or on curves. Too much road noise in cabin.

Maxima Overdrive
By TonyLove on 01/12/09 17:27 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned my previous car for over 10 years, so it was time to start car shopping, looked at the Maxima SE with the driver package due to its size and highly competitive price for the amount of driver features. I was pleased! I drove from Atlanta, Georgia to the white-knuckle mountains of West Virginia, without stopping until I got to Wythesville, VA, which is ~400 miles from my door without stopping for gas. I only stopped because I was driving for 4 hrs and needed to rest. I averaged 29 MPG with the cruise control set. The XM radio, Bose system, handsfree Bluetooth to my cell talking to the wife and family, etc., all kept me company during the 8.5 hr journey.

Maxima Fan
By bankerman on 12/26/08 15:31 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have driven this vehicle in all types of weather conditions from 9 degrees to 109 degrees (no exaggeration). It is the third Maxima we've owned. Each one seems to improve over the last. It is comfortable, good looking, and instruments are convenient. CVT is a great thing!

2007 maxima SL
By mack on 11/13/08 19:08 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a very smooth riding car and is easy to drive.

HATE THIS CAR
By Kim on 08/10/08 18:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The seats are the most uncomfortable I have ever owned. The turning radius is like you are in an 18 wheeler. The gas mileage is a lie, the most we have ever gotten is like 20.9-21, very disappointed. I had a Highlander before and would trade this in a heart beat for another one. It is a good looking car on the outside but that is about all good I can say for it. Will NEVER own another one. Been to 2 dealerships they say nothing is wrong and gas mileage should get better... yeah right!

OK but leaves one wanting more
By Ken on 08/10/08 01:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a pretty good car overall. Not sure I would pay again for the same model. The 07 re-design is not bad but the 09 is far better.

Nissan Won't Honor Warranty
By 1adam12ks on 07/31/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I like the car, comfortable and smooth. The transmission is great, mileage never hits sticker but expected that. Main problem is leather seat - I paid high $ for luxury package with leather seats. First car I have ever had with leather. In under 9 months the drivers seat has big area of wear on leather. No luck through customer service, Nissan claims 'normal wear'. I don't believe every car on the road with leather seats has the seats crumbling in under a year, Nissan should replace considering how much the option for the seats is.

Lemon of a car
By Melissa on 07/09/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My check engine light has been on 3 times since March, two dealers cannot find the problem, so they reset the computer and send me on my way. And my leather seat was defective, that has been replaced. Did I mention my bluetooth has been replaced also, all of this before the 6,000 miles mark. What a lemon. If you own a Nissan, good luck if you have a warranty issue.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.