Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Nice Car
By Roger Chambers

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Well, this car is a good car. Two years and 60,000 miles later I can say this is a pretty sturdy car. If you're expecting BMW/Benz/Infiniti quality then you'll be disappointed. This is one of the best cars one the more affordable side of the pocket. Pros: A lot of power, easy maintenance (oil change and big services). I enjoy the IntelliKey system. The turn illumination is also really nice. Cons: To experience the power is lose a lot of gas. The build seems flimsy (but is still deceptively sturdy). The car gets the job done and is a nicer way to get from point A to point B than many alternative.

IntelliKey Turn illumination CVT Transmission

Great car, some reviews not too fair
By mrjosephmama

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car new in 2006. With more than 75k on the odometer, I have no complaints about the car. I have driven it several times across country in the seat for 16 hours. Driver fatigue was low and comfort was excellent even for that long. Some other reviews I have read complain about gas mileage, premium gas required, gas tank size etc. Not to sure if they did their research but these aren't flaws. It's like complaining that a Corvette has too much power. Do you research because this isn't an "economy car" its a sport sedan. 28 MPG on the highway and 21 mixed which ain't too bad. If you bought this car used and complain about reliability, it was abused.

comfort, speed, reliability

The shift bezel reflects sunlight in my eyes.

great car
By Roberto

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I got my Maxima new in 2006. I have never been disappointed in it. So far Ive been impressed with the power, comfort and agility. At 75,000 miles I just replaced the struts and shocks. Other than that, everything has been reliable and safe. This car should be reviewed for what it is, and not what one wishes they had bought instead. Complaining that the gas tank is too large or that you have to use premium gas arent complaints. That's like complaining a Corvette has too much power. Cant go wrong buying this car. Nissan just extended the warranty on their transmission to 10 years/100,000 miles. I wouldn't buy this car from a second party though since they are often abused as street racers.

Power, ride, comfortable seats. I drove this car several times across country with no soreness or driver fatigue as with other cars like Accord, Camry etc.

None.

Should've kept looking!
By Charles Williams

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought it in July 2010 as I thought was an upgrade from my 1998 dodge stratus. The first mistake I made was when I test drove it; I loved the ride of it and the smoothness of the CVT transmission, but little did I know that that is pretty much the only good thing about this car. I thought I did my homework on it but apparently not. I should've read the reviews on this site from people because the people giving it bad reviews are spot on. I waited 8 years to get a new car and I ended up getting totally let down. I immediately regret my decision.

The sporty exterior, nice looking interior, and the smoothness of the ride.

Better FUEL EFFICIENCY, 28 mpg yeah right more like 20, cheap leather, crappy turning radius, the Bose system is weak, doors close very cheaply. All in all the car is way over priced for what you get; I should've kept looking. Oh well, now I'm stuck with a below average car and a $15,000 loan..FML!

The good the bad the ugly
By jennifer

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

THE GOOD- looks good, lots of power, love the heated seats and steering wheel. the back up sensors have me spoiled. THE BAD- shimmies all over the road on acceleration. anything above 50 my steering wheel shakes. when you shut the doors it sounds like they used sheet metal to build them. replaced the timing chain already. the speakers have a short in them. there is a squeaking in the front end but the dealers mechanics never hear it. car shudders after i start the engine like its not getting fuel, but only of the afternoon when i am leaving work not in the morning. UGLY- the chrome is faded. poor poor paint job. 2 mo after i bought the car pain started chipping. carpet coming up.

power color sunroof auto seat adjustment back up sensors heated steering wheel the sporty look

upgrade interior. carpet needs upgrade. better quality of pain. doors wont stay open when getting out-put deeper notches in the door to help keep it help open. 6 disk cd player doesn't want to play all disks.