2007 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews 3

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Maxed OUT
By Rick on 05/28/10 08:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fun car, but have never experienced significant repairs with previous Maximas. Have replaced air conditioning compressor, timing belt, and battery (3 times). What happened to the quality with which I was accustomed? Was considering another Maxima, or even an upgrade to Infinity. But, this is my last Nissan of any kind until the reliability comes back.

My 2007 Maxima SE
By 07GuamMax on 03/26/10 03:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Owned this car for about 2 years now, and have read a lot of reviews to see if anyone else was experiencing the same problems as i was. There is alot of cabin noise especially from the front end, you can feel most of the bumps on the road due to the sporty suspension, have had my batteries changed out twice, air conditioner has gone twice in a year, and other problems that i can't mention because i had to bring my car into the dealership so many times. This car is a really great car, but i just wished that these problems would have never occurred. I have owned a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE before i traded it in for the 07' Maxima SE, and i have never had any problems with the car at all.

What a Heap
By xmetal20 on 03/12/10 07:59 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had the car for 3 years. Have had 2 batteries die, Sun roof slide switch doesn't work, keyless entry doesn't work, speakers have a short, bluetooth doesn't work and have sun spots on the rear spoiler even though its garaged at home and at work. All problems happened after the 36,000 mile warranty expired. Wont buy another Maxima probably wont buy another Nissan.

Nissan Maxima issues 2007 model
By mbartk on 02/12/10 10:56 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My Nissan Maxima has had a few issues. The battery died at 21,000 miles. The air conditioning goes on any time I try to change the mode on the heating system. The tires at 26,000 miles have to be replaced. The car does a poor job of handling on snow covered roads and because I live in NE Ohio this has been an issue. My previous car was a Chrysler 300 and I did not have any of these issues and the interior leather was of much better quality.

my Maxima ownership experience
By John Rawlings on 11/21/09 12:12 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a stylish, comfortable car with lots of interior and trunk space. It accommodates the roomy interior needs for a family better than any modern mid-to-full sized sedan in this price range. The maxima successfully combines comfort,sportiness(fun&fast) and luxury. The car corners good & shifts seamlessly on acceleration. EPA estimates (22/28)I have found to be unattainable under normal driving conditions. Reality:20-21 city or hwy. The turn radius makes this car tough to park in congested places. It tends to be very hard on bumps and noisy. I have owned my Maxima 2.5 years and notice the shiny trim around the windshield fading bad (the car is garaged at night).

CVT transmission problem
By My 2007 Maxima on 09/14/09 10:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my '07 Maxima new. Now have 50k miles on it in 2.5 years. Until 3 weeks ago only put oil in it and normal preventative maintenance like rotate tires and check fluids. Recently took it to the purchasing dealership service dept. and they say the CVT transmission is going bad. Luckily it is under warranty. (60k miles) I first noticed a light tapping noise at slow speed coming from the front end. Now three weeks later I am waiting on a new transmission to come in as they do not have re-manufactured ones because they are too new. Still runs, but the tapping noise is irritating. Did not pay the $$ I did to have it go bad. When working fine, the CVT is GREAT. Otherwise, I love the car.

Bang for your Buck!
By harrisc on 07/12/09 15:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The 2007 Maxima is a blast to drive. It IS a "four-door sports car". This means that it handles really well, and has a powerful 255 hp engine. The CVT took a few drives to get adjusted to, but now I really like it - no jerky down-shifts in cruise control etc. Now regular automatics feel odd. I've become spoiled by never having to take my keys out of my pocket. The negative is - while the sport-tuned suspension makes the Maxima fun to race on curvy roads - it also lets you feel every bump on the road. A worthy trade off.

GREAT AUTO
By narf on 07/02/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have owned this auto for almost two years - no problems, oil changes only. I will buy a new one when the 2010 models come out. You can't buy a better made auto for the price. (a friend bought an Accord, paid more and got less - no comparison on handling)

Gotta Love That Nissan
By lovemynissan on 06/30/09 11:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Maxima after months of research. This would be my 3rd Nissan, 2nd Maxima and I haven't been disappointed yet. Kudos to the design team for producing yet another eye- catching slick machine. The CVT is smooth and pretty responsive although a manual tranny option would be nice. The ergonomics are great as is the feel of the car on the road. I've read many reviews about the cabin noise, and the factory tires are the culprit. I replaced the Continentals with a set of Sumitomos and cabin noise/road noise is greatly reduced. The funky orange temp/radio display whites out in direct sunlight. I purchased the car new and 56k mi later, no major mechanical issues.

Best Choice Ever Made!
By chileeroks on 06/12/09 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently purchased my 2007 Maxima and it was the best choice I ever made. I made a step up in purchasing the Maxima with previously owning an Altima. Nissan makes a great quality car. The ride is smooth, the options are great! My only complaint is the vehicle recommending premium gas but it does get great mileage. I drive mostly highway and I get about 20- 21mpg. I feel safe in this car and it's fun to drive!