2007 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: 2007 Maxima SL - Denver

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

2007 Maxima SL - Denver
By pecsofstl on

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Was hoping for a year end deal on 2006 SL model, but not much inventory was left. Decided to test the 2007 SL and I am very glad I did. A much better ride and nicer car than previous models in my opinion. The CVT transmission is better than advertised. Extremely smooth and responsive, like there is only one gear. The interior has been upgraded over previous models and is comparable to other luxury vehicles I have ridden in. The ride is quiet, very smooth and fast. Consumer reports said this car has "tourqe steer" due to the front wheel drive, etc..etc...I have driven the vehicle for 1000 miles now and I promise you, there is no tourqe steer.

Intelligent Key (no key needed), AC and heat with dual climate controls is fabulous. Seat comfort and interior room is awesome. Redisigned front end and new lines to the car make this a very sleek and attractive vehicle that gets noticed driving down the street. Rated at 255 HP and it is fast.

Somewhat disappointed at this point in the MPG. Combined 22.1 when it is rated 21 city and 29 highway. Do not think I am driving it hard at all because I am still trying to break it in easy...I might try the higher octane gas eventhough 87 octane can be burned in this vehicle.