Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Love It!
By Renee

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

There hasn't been any other car out there that has caught my eye until now! I saw this car at a glance when they first came out and had to have it. It's super quick and so comfortable for long trips, everyone has ample space. Trunk is great for shopping excursions. Nice feature, keyless, don't have to have keys in your hand to open any of the doors or trunk. Headlights you can see superclear on dark highways.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Bose, Keyless, upgraded spare tire.

Suggested Improvements

None, like it a lot.

CVT needs work
By rgc

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in my 2004 Maxima and in all honesty I should have kept it. The CVT was supposed to increase performance and fuel economy. Didn't do either. I get fewer MPG and the CVT makes the car very unresponsive off the line. Although, I must admit my last Maxima got better gas mileage with 75K miles on it than new. Couple of times I thought I was going to be run over cause the trans wouldn't go! I have never owned a car that doesn't move, for about a second, when you stomp on the gas, it's scarey.

Favorite Features

Styling is great, ride is great. Great car for the price.

Suggested Improvements

This is my last Nissan, if the CVT doesn't become more responsive.

2007 Nissan Maxima
By Thoroughly Tested

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After six months of spirited driving, I still enjoy the car. On ramp acceleration to 100 mph feels about as fast as our 2006 WRX. Comfortable, well put together, handles well, good road feel, steering is nicely weighted. The Max tracks well; goes where I point it. I took several thorough test drives in the conditions I would be driving (interstate, mountains, 2 lanes and in town). Drove several Maxs, all felt good and had good build quality, fit and finish. I used Edmunds. Researched using the net and found dealer(s) who encouraged me to take my time and get to know the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks and interior features. Little extras, like the dual auto up windows. Good Bose stereo. Comfortable, memory seats. Having owned a variety of vehicles (incl. BMW, Toyota, Honda, Lincoln, Subaru) the Max is a good driving, comfortable luxury/sport sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Some noise from very responsive, high performance tires on the SEs I drove, similar to sound in Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Premium Edition. An AWD model in the 7th generation(2009?) Max? for us over 50 snow enthusiasts.

All show
By charles schell

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Poor handling at high speed. Car shakes at high speed. Car seems to float at 80 mph. Very top heavy in curves. Car tight into curves, loose in the center and loose out of curves. Car performance seems to go away during after being driven through out day. Low gear is too high, poor performance at start. A/C fan blower very low. Door locks should lock when car is in gear.

Comfort, luxury and performance
By jim4649

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 4th Nissan and I absolutely love this car. Smooth, comfortable, quiet ride, good acceleration, great transmission, great brakes, adequate handling, lots of luxury features (try the heated leather seats on a cold winter morning), great stereo and stylish looks. This is fast car. I've owned a V8 Mustang GT (4.6L, 260hp, 301 torque) and a few Honda sportbikes, so I know what fast is. This is not a sports car but it's certainly no slouch.

Favorite Features

Bose sound, silky smooth CVT, comfy leather seats, quiet, comfortable ride, quick throttle response, great brakes.

Suggested Improvements

The engine could be tuned for a little more peak power, like the Altima. More attention to body panel/door fit.