2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
2007 Maxima SL - Denver
By pecsofstl on 09/22/06 15:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Was hoping for a year end deal on 2006 SL model, but not much inventory was left. Decided to test the 2007 SL and I am very glad I did. A much better ride and nicer car than previous models in my opinion. The CVT transmission is better than advertised. Extremely smooth and responsive, like there is only one gear. The interior has been upgraded over previous models and is comparable to other luxury vehicles I have ridden in. The ride is quiet, very smooth and fast. Consumer reports said this car has "tourqe steer" due to the front wheel drive, etc..etc...I have driven the vehicle for 1000 miles now and I promise you, there is no tourqe steer.

Update to Original Review
By maross on 09/22/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Two and a half months later and I really like this car. I look for excuses to go places. Smooth, comfortable, fun to drive. Previously I said the bluetooth was the best feature but with use, I love the smart key. Since I have owned this car I have never used the key. And this week the key even saved me. Returning from a trip, I put my bags and coat in the trunk BUT the trunk wouldn't lock, instead it kept beeping at me. I had left the smart key in my jacket and the trunk would not lock. Smart key - smart car. Buy one.

Well Satisfied New Maxima Owner
By balsambeauty on 09/18/06 18:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Decided to move up from an '02 Altima to the '07 Maxima. Also test drove the '07 Camry. The Max hooked me over the Camry with its overall sportier look, better selection of colors and roomier interior. Also like the awesome technology and safety features over the Camry. Performance and responsiveness are great. This is just a fun car to drive. The ride could be a bit better - not as smooth as I would have hoped for. Mileage has been as I expected for this type of vehicle - I only have 600 miles on the car and am getting about 26 mpg. The overall quality of my Maxima is excellent both on the exterior and interior of the vehicle.

Mostly Satisfied
By Sandra on 09/17/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I fell in love with the looks of this car. Very stylish and the many wonderful features make driving it a pleasure. However, this is my first non-american designed vehicle, and I am disappointed in the comfort of the ride. I bought the SL because it was suppose to have a more luxurious ride. I find the seats to be hard and uncomfortable (when driving for any distance) compared to other vehicles I have owned in the past. Also, even though the car is sound proof, every imperfection in the road is felt and heard.

Fun to drive!
By Teresa on 09/10/06 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I drove SUV's for 12 years and decided to go to a car to ease the gas budget. After test driving many vehicles I chose the '07 Max. Driving a car took some getting used to, but I'm having fun driving the Max. The CVT is quick and smooth. I love how it looks inside and out! I am pleased with the amount of interior room and trunk space.

new design rocks
By lisa on 09/01/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the new front grill, new design on the gages are nice. The pick up is awesome and a comfort ride. My car was in the shop and was given an 07 to drive. After 3 days I bought my own and love it!

Love the Car
By Larry on 09/01/06 06:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Superior acceleration, ride. Real highway cruiser in the best sense of the term. Drivetrain is a pleasure (world class VQ + new CVT = even better). The breaking in process gives me an excuse to modify acceleration, but I think I'll be doing it just for fun for a long time (swoops up nicely from 50-80+ without effort). The CVT, in my humble opinion, gives this car a performance advantage, as well as a nice aesthetic. Speaking of aesthetics, this Nissan provides what is too lacking in most competitors: an actually good looking car that you can connect to on an emotional level, in addition to being a fine machine. The 07 interior much better than 06.

2007 Nissan Maxima SL
By T.H. on 08/26/06 05:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love all the luxury features, and friends that ride in it are impressed as well. Originally, I was looking at the 2006, but didn't care for the interior "shammy" type material that surrounded the cabin. Glad I waited for the 2007, it is upgraded to a classier feel/look of higher quality suede. I chose the SL also to get the non-perforated leather, very decadent. It is FUN to drive, aggressive engine response from a stop and while passing on the highway. The CVT is refreshing; no more shift shock, which is really nice when commuting in heavy traffic that is moving at a wide range of speeds at any given time during the trip. Preferred Pkg is a must to really truly enjoy the luxury.

I Love it !!!!!!!!!!!
By browneyes on 08/25/06 19:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is the best Nissan Maxima of them all. I love the way it drives and the interior is gorgeous. Nissan has simply out did themselves with this 2007 model. It has the perfect blend of a sport car and luxury for a GREAT price.

5TH MAX THE BEST
By hiredhand1978 on 08/17/06 19:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Worked out flaws from my 2004. Torque steering gone, turning radius much much better. Ride has been smoothed out without lose of handling. The 2nd week I had the car I drove from Ma.to N.C. Every day driving was awesome. Power is all you could want or need, gas mileage for the trip was 27 MPG which translates to 4 MPG more than my 04. Both my 04 & 07 are equipped with the Elite Pkg. the only option I don't have is the Sat. Radio. In my opinion Toyota Camry has nothing over my Maxima. I test drive the Camry before I test the Maxima & I all ways end up with the Max.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.