Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

I'm not a happy camper!
By GBINFL

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Took 3 tries to get SES (check engine light) to stay off (bad evaporative purge solenoid?). The driver's seat pops/clicks when turning left, the driver's door has an intermittent rattle, the steering wheel shimmys when stopping hard and fast (front rotors?), a fastener is missing from the plastic motor undertray, and the rear engine mount creaks when starting out (had it up on a lift when trailer hitch was installed - found the creak location with a stethoscope). Mileage markedly worse than '03 I traded in. CVT has not won me over yet. Back to the dealer again today. Lastly, incredibly cheesy and cheap feeling door handles. Yikes!

Bose, Bluetooth, dash, huge trunk.

Fix abysmal quality! Ditch the CVT for a good 5 or 6 speed automatic

My 2007 Max
By Kent

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Really love this car. I looked and drove many models and for the money this is the best. Top features, room, style that can't be beat.

The ride, just feels solid.

Better gas mileage.

Almost an Infiniti
By Picky

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have 8k miles on my SE and though it took some time to bond with it, I truly enjoy driving it. Once you accept this is a fwd car (and will never handle like a rwd car) it's probably one of the better handling large fwd cars out there, especially under $40k. Suspension is tight in the corners and smooth on the straights. 3.5L engine provides fantastic performance but could easily be higher if Nissan didn't have to worry about competing with their Infiniti line. CVT (continuously variable transmission) is quite remarkable. Feels like it always gears the vehicle down for better performance, especially at higher speeds. 50 to 100 mph feels more like 350hp with the CVT. A special ride indeed.

Plenty: CVT, 3.5L, 18" chrome wheels, the bluetooth is awesome, sloping rear roofline, dual exhaust look, back-up sensors, Bose with aux jack for iPod, homelink, sunglass holder, fold-in side mirrors that will pan down when car is shifted in reverse, rear spoiler is just right, smart key is nice.

RWD plus another 50 HP, but then I guess you would call it an Infiniti. Too much power and torque for a fwd as the vehicle vibrates off the line under brisk acceleration. Lg turning radius. Grille looks too much like an Altima. Gas mileage is down a few MPG with the CVT over the old tranny.

I Love It!
By Luv2Kleen

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in an 02 Nissan Altima for the Maxima. I absolutely love it! It's very stylish and fun to drive.

Keyless entry, Bose stereo, auxillary feature on the stereo, heated steering wheel and seats, memory seating, rear sonar, etc. The list goes on and on.

Wish the doors locked automatically.

Fuel Economy suffers
By volsfan16

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded a 2005 Maxima for a 2007 Maxima. The fuel economy was rated the same so I didn't think anything about the CVT affecting it. However this 07 Maxima operates at 25% higher RPMs than my 2005 Maxima did. It also gets 25% less MPG than my 2005 Maxima did. Traveling on the interstate at 70MPH, I get about 23MPG and the RPMs are turning at 2500. In town driving yields gas mileage similar to my V8 full-time 4WD vehicle. Tried consumer affairs to see if this was something that should happen and they were of no help at all. Received a form response that didn't even attempt to answer my question. Also, the CVT is not nearly as responsive as the old transmission.

Appearance and style.

Get rid of the CVT until fuel economy can be improved and it can be more responsive. This was a step backwards not forward.