2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
nice ride
By ken k on 11/20/06 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

car is very fun to drive, very smooth and responsive. the cvt transmission takes some getting used to, also under hard acceleration, torque steer becomes evident. overall very happy so far with this car. the styling and overall look is impressive.

Smooth but Slow
By Mike Jones on 11/08/06 19:23 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I previously had a 2004 5 speed automatic. It was very quick. The new CVT tranny is interesting and creates a quite pleasurable smooth ride. However, I'm very disappointed with the performance with the CVT. From a dead stop, full throttle the car is quite slow. Other than the off the line, the car seems to have more than enough power. If it weren't for the slow off the line this car would be an easy 9.5-10 across the board. If a smooth comfortable ride is your thing this is your car. If you liked the sport from previous Maxima's, I'm sorry to say it's been killed.

They could have done a better job
By ATC on 11/07/06 23:42 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I rent one for a weekend trip of 1200 miles. It is mostly a good car, but lacks characteristics. It is big, but smaller than a Buick Lucerne. It is quiet, more noisy than a Toyota Avalon. Set between mid-size and full-size sedans, it feels awkward in dimensions: bigger can get more comfort; smaller can bring more fun; but now we kind of get lost. The driver's seat is supportive, but painful when driving more than 4 hours. The steering is too flexible at higher speed, although it does a good job at local. It gets 24 mpg, which is at the bottom of Japanese cars. CVT is smooth when set to auto, but the manual mode needs serious improvements. With such a price, Nissan could have done better.

LOVE MY MAXI
By the greeder on 10/24/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my 07 maxima. I also drove an 07 Camry and an 06 maxima, but once I drove the 07 maxi it was over. Just love the sporty looks inside and out.I only have one complaint and it really has nothing to do with the car itself. My husband and I wanted the SL because of the woodgrain look but now are having a problem buying a spoiler for it because ours didn't have one on it.

Maxima grows up-finally
By boss315 on 10/22/06 08:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned a 2004 Maxima and the 2007 bears little resemblance to it! The CVT is a little loud and balky in low range--only complaint. The under/oversteer torque is gone--the ride is much better, more like an entry level luxury sedan should be; dash is cleaned up and less cluttered, less cheap. Most of all, it is FUN to drive and take on long trips. I drove the TL and M35--couldn't see spending 50k on a "Maixma on steroids," the M35.

Severly lacking in power
By Dave on 10/19/06 22:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wow... after getting beat by pickup trucks, dodge neons, honda civics, and nearly every other car on the road, I can honestly say I am starting to hate this car. You don't pay $30,000 for a car to get spanked by a $10,000 car. It's embarrassing. Forget about passing anyone and just take your place in line behind half the cars on the road. If someone wants to pass you, I suggest you go ahead and let em unless their car is blowing smoke out the exhaust, then you might have a chance to accelerate past them.

Maxima rules
By drjvet on 10/12/06 10:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned a Toyota Camry for 5 years, but when I decided it was time to buy another car, the Camry could not hold a candle to the 07 Maxima SL. The Maxima is fun to drive, gets a lot of looks from other drivers and the CVT is fantastic. The BlueTooth phone system is absolutely the envy of all my passengers. Most passengers are impressed with all the luxury amenities for the price. The acceleration is powerful. I have approximately 600 miles on the car and have averaged 23 mpg in the city. Also test drove a Volvo S60 and the Maxima was more comfortable in both ride and interior comfort. This Maxima rules the road in both performance and style. Watch out Camry.

MISS MY INFINITI
By Robert de la Cuetara on 10/08/06 17:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I thought I was getting a fun and fast car, but when I actually purchased the Maxima I was disappointed! If I would have been able to return the car for my 3 year old Infiniti G35 Sedan I would have done it without thinking about it! That was a fun car to drive and it did much better on gas than the Maxima is doing! Dissapointed with the power, I feel like I'm driving my grandmothers American GM car.

A Second Look
By CAMP HILL, PA on 10/05/06 16:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car now for over 3 months. The car before was a 04SL which lets me compare the two. These two cars ARE different in most ways. For a $30K + car it still needs much improvement in ride and needs more sound proofing. It is however much better than the 04SL. The handling is much improved. BEWARE of the SHIMMY, this has been a problem in the 04/05/06's and now the 07's. When you test drive your car pay attention to the speed of 50-65. IT CANT BE FIXED ! When I took my car in to have it corrected, which wasnt, I test drove another 07SL and it too had the shimmy. You have been warned. The only other problem that I have is the drivers seat moves when turning. To be fixed ?

A dream car
By Tony K on 09/29/06 20:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second maxima and I love it. My first one had 104,000 trouble free miles when I traded for the 07. This is truly a remarkable car and a dream to drive. I drive about 70 miles a day and with the maxima it is in maximum confort and safety. Love everything about it and it gives the maximum quality for the dollar. Keep it up Nissan, for you know what a consumer wants.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.