2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
gimme some mpg
By heygary on 01/02/07 22:01 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had the '07 for about four months and have put six k miles on it, and have not gotten over 23 mpg. I've bumped the tire pressure to near forty pounds, went with synthetic oil, and still average about 21-22 mpg city or highway, doesn't matter. I do really enjoy the ride; starts are indeed less than stellar, but on the highway the car performs admirably. Hard acceleration gets you lots of torque steering issues. Love the keyless entry and rear sonar. CVT is super cool driving up and down mountains, as you don't feel the car downshift.

Head Restraints are too far forward
By John on 12/24/06 13:34 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love the car. but, I find that the head restraints are too far forward. You cannot sit straight without the head restraints pushing your head forward. It is a completely uncomfortable position to drive in. This position seems to be unique to Nissan. But, I could be wrong.

Maxima under-rated?
By Pete on 12/19/06 11:48 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We've owned this car a little over 3 months and are thoroughly impressed with the build quality and solid performance. The new CVT is very pleasing and seems to easily allow for either "high performance" drawing on the engine's potential or "nice & easy" driving which seems to let the engine "loaf." It seems to us that the automotive press overlooks and under-rates this excellent road car.

Love to the Max
By rideordie on 12/17/06 07:54 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my max for a few weeks now and I love it. I've driven many V6's but this CVT is, by far, the smoothest, and one of the quickest. It adjusts to your driving style so when your taking it easy, it drives in a higher gear for better fuel economy, and yes as someone said, it can feel a bit lethargic off the line in that mode. Feels like it starts in 2nd? However, if you drive a more aggressively, off the line, at 100 mph, or anywhere in between, this car is a beast! It automatically adjusts and rides in higher RPM's to stays in the "sweet spot" where are the power is. It's very sure-footed in corners with hardly no body roll, but feels a bit heavy. All around a quality built car.

Great so far & a nice change from Honda
By Lucas on 12/16/06 05:44 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've driven my new Maxima for about a week now. I previously drove an '03 Accord EX-V6. This car is every bit as comfortable as my Honda was, with much more pep! I wanted a sportier look and feel, and Nissan offers several things you can have in an Accord- HID headlights, keyless start, AUX in for my iPod, CVT, etc. I am a fan of the new styling for the front of the car, and the interior feels like a luxury car. It's still nicer inside than the Altima too. The engine is a dream and the CVT transmission is very smooth. I think the car is fast relative to my V6 Accord. So far, so good. This is my first Nissan and I am optimistic that I will very much enjoy it.

shock & awe
By wall&the goose on 12/11/06 08:43 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

we found this maxima to have power when needed and also gives a smooth ride when your touring the highways. The car handles very well in icy conditions . it's not a strictly sports car , but does hold its own getting onto a highway.

nice car,but
By jack norman on 12/08/06 09:31 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

rides good, does not turn as tight as i would like, has a lot of get up and go, need to work on gas mileage

nissan maxima 2007
By Dave Murano on 12/05/06 18:57 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

very stylish, reliable and powerful. i bought black and when clean, it is a head turner. 5th maxima I have owned and each one gets better. literally zero mechanical issues, very solid. fun to drive.

Hate the car
By thezman on 12/05/06 16:14 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the new transmission is the worse. brakes will not stop safely. wind and road noise is horrible. very unstable on highway, sways as though the rear will meet the front never got more than 18 mpg if i owned 30 cars, which is low, i would rank this 28 as the best

2007 Max with Nav
By JohnR on 11/24/06 15:21 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Previously owned a 2004 Max. The 07 is improved in both interior and exterior. The cvt is very smooth and torque steer greatly reduced. Acceleration about the same

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.