2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Beats our old Accord
By MaskedRider on 02/24/07 23:42 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this car to replace a 2000 Honda Accord sedan. Terrible car. The Honda's transmission cratered at 84k, which is NOT what you expect from these manufacturers. It left her and my kids stranded three times with its unreliability. Thanks Honda. This is my wife's car. The one primarily used for kid transport, groceries, errands, and such. Where we live, it's 50 miles to Walmart, Our Tahoe has been the trip vehicle. Well, that may change now with this car. We brought the 2007 Accord to the Nissan dealership to compare them side by side, and the Nissan won, hands down. Many more features, better looks, more comfort. Wife loved the car. If Momma's happy...

Great Value...Love it!!!
By The Shadow on 02/05/07 08:15 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Extremely well thought out interior with loads of extra features. Handling aspect is limited due to front wheel drive, but otherwise a lot of fun to drive. CVT transmission is very smooth and peppy; has the option to revert to 6-speed manual for added excitement and fun.

Is this car for you?
By NJ Firefighter on 02/05/07 01:31 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has an amazing interior, you just feel like your in a nice car and all of the neat features back that up. The CVT is still weird, I have read other reviews about this car being slow. It doesn't seem to get the punch of a standard automatic. However it is a very smooth transmission, you really do not feel any shifting, car has a nice luxury / sport feel. I have test drove the 07 Alt, That seemed to react even weirder when you mashed the gas, the CVT acts different in the Alt if you ask me. I don't feel this Max is as fast as some other years (esp. manuals) It handles bumps really well, with the SE's 18" wheels. Does well on turns for its size, good feel, you don't feel out of control.

A Great Ride
By Shadow on 02/01/07 12:11 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So far the Maxima has far exceeded my expectations, and I've been pleasantly surprised overall. Great features, great handling, good acceleration. Intelligent key system is fantastic, Bose system sounds nearly as good as a $2400 custom system I installed in my SUV.

Terrible Handling
By Driver in Pain on 01/17/07 10:07 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle does not handle well to say the least. I need to fight to keep it straight on the road. My wrists are in extreme pain after driving 20-30 miles. Others who have driven have had the same complaint. I initially thought I received a defective vehicle, but apparently Nissan's technicians and Nissan Consumer Affairs feel the vehicle performs to factory specifications. Do yourself a favor and stick to a similarly classified Toyota or Honda product. I have previously leased both and have been much happier.

Love It So Far!
By AYC on 01/14/07 22:15 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've always wanted a Nissan Maxima, but 5 years ago I settled for a Honda Accord. I recently sold the Accord and decided to try the new Maxima, mainly because of the CVT. I haven't been dissatisfied so far. The CVT does get some getting used to, but the car handles well, has great acceleration and is just plain fun to drive. The craftsmanship of the car's interior is outstanding and the BOSE stereo system is magnificent. I love this car and only hope for long-lasting reliability.

I love the car, but.......
By Steve B. on 01/12/07 11:45 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Solid vehicle. Love the design and the way it drives. Very comfortable seats and all controls are reachable, but a little confusing at first. If you are going to drive this car hard then get the SE with the lower profile, larger tires and stiffer suspension. The only thing that troubles me is the gas mileage. I had a 99 SE and got 28 mpg and drove that car very hard. The rear wheel wells have a felt material as protection I was told was for sound deadening. This material catches all dirt, leaves and gravel in it and if very hard to clean. Bad choice for that material when the front wells have hard plastic.

2007 Maxima SE
By Charlie E on 01/11/07 12:02 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 3rd Maxima.It is everything that I expected and more. My wife loves it.Acceleration is excellent.CVT is great although you have to get used to it in the beginning.No torque steer.Pleasant ride.Handling could be improved.Impressive gas mileage, even with only 2500 miles on it. Trunk storage is great and the rear seats fold down - unlike some Toyota models.Great looking-my neighbors and friends were very impressed.

CVT Unreal
By stoppani on 01/08/07 10:41 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had other Maximas before but the 2007 has it all. If you've driven the 2004- 2006 Maxima a test drive in the 2007 will convince you to trade. Incredible acceleration and feel with the CVT. It has it all, looks, power, ability.

Grandma's sports car
By Johnny Customer on 01/06/07 07:44 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

In an attempt to overcome it's severely lacking power, I put new 18" rims that are each 7 lbs lighter than stock, a new catback exhaust system, and a cold air intake from Stillen. I still could not get a 0-60 time that was under 8 seconds with about 20 tests. The car is unbelievably slow, mostly due to the horrible transmission and power band. The car creeps up to 20 mph before giving you anything, and then stalls out above 5,000 rpm at any speed. There's also very poor support in the aftermarket performance upgrades. Leave this sports sedan to your grandma and instead get a VW Passat, Infiniti G35, or Toyota Camry.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.