Used 2007 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Flagship ? Don't think so.
By Carlo NJ

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I don't even know how/where to begin. Very disappointed with this vehicle, I have owned 5 Nissans, all have been great except for this one. Low end power is horrible with the CVT, torque steer is disgusting, High speed handling is ridiculous, the car is a boat when on the highway is all over the road and you have to hold to the steering wheel very firm to keep the car in its path, in-cabin noise horrible, interior materials still stink, it does have a lot of awesome features for its price, back up sensor, heated seats/steering wheel, leather, moon roof, etc. Not happy at all.

The car does look good, Very aggressive, intimidating front end, Bi-Xenon headlights are amazing, and in those cold winter Jersey morning heated steering wheel is great, comfortable seats, impressive Bose sound system, The manual mode is on point with no delay what so ever.

I only get 300 characters and i don't even want to get started on what needs to be improved. So how about we keep it simple and say.... Redesign the whole car Nissan. this is your flagship we're talking about here.

Excellent Value
By dethbest

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have put about 18,000 miles on this car. I have had more fun driving this car than any I have ever owned. Much more fun to drive than the Honda Accord EX-V6 that I owned previously. Tremendous acceleration - with awesome power and responsiveness. I always feel like I have plenty of power and can pass on the highway with ease. Very comfortable and loads of extras for the money. This car is as good if not better than the BMW 5 series at 1/3 less cost. CVT is excellent - smooth as ice.

CVT, MP3 jack, keyless entry/start.

Turning radius is poor.

Front end noise
By cjenk

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall, tne maxima is the best car since I traded in the 06 Altima SE. Quality of the car is a plus.

Keyless entry, keyless startup, skyview is a plus as well as keyless trunk. At least the consumer knows the car will not be stolen because of the sensor on the car notifies you once you have had the car on for a long period of time with the out of zone.

Need to find out why the front end is always making that front end noise. It was the struts making the popping. Only had this car 3 mos.

Best car I ever owned
By Ray

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the car on a whim because I had seen the car in a parking lot and loved the look. I love to drive it and we only use it on weekends and trips.The only draw back I have is with the heat and cooling in the rear seat compartment. You can't regulate it. It needs an extra blower to maximise the air flow. I read an article where the top speed is 149 miles an hour and I'll never drive that fast but I believe it.

Heated steering wheel and power it handles great and loves to run.

Extra blower on heat and cooling in back seat.

Fun to Drive
By Very Impressed

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is not only a pleasure to drive, but fun! Nissan does a very nice job of adding excitement when sitting behind the wheel. Really enjoy the acceleration and responsiveness of the handling.

3.5 liter, CVT, and intelligent ignition.

Turning radius can use improvement and fuel mileage.

• SUV