2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Good car...a bad experience is on you
By kolib on 01/30/12 09:38 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my 2007 maxima for 2 years now, and minus the minor necessities, I have not had to put any serious money into the car. I think all these bad reviews go back to the individual. People fail to realize there driving habits, conditions, etc play a big part into the longivity of their vechile. Most of us wait until the last minuet to get our car inspected or sent in for a tune up. Personally I have had a great experience with my max - and I came from a 2006 volvo xc90 (a very nice and luxuries SUV). My maxima is smooth, roomy, above average on fuel for its size, and the SL interior is up to par. I think people were expecting an infiniti not realizing they were buying a nissan

The Best Maxima
By maximaday on 07/20/11 22:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my Maxima since March 2010. I bought a 2007 Maxima SE 23,000 miles with the Leather and Sensor package. Slate is the best color for the Maxima I think. But I'd take a white 2012 in a heartbeat. I've sold Nissans since 2008 and I know their the best cars out there. And Nissan spends more money on the quality of the materials to last longer. The CVT makes it a bit slow off the line but I don't need a G35.

decent
By atorreon on 04/01/11 13:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

decent car....got one with all the toys. the oem tires suck in the winter and the car never got better than 17mpg. options and car build were great though. lots of comfor and decent performance

Junk Crap POS
By acme1020 on 02/24/11 15:45 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the Max new in Jan 07. First dissapointment gas mpg. Usually get 19.5 split city highway driving. Never been over 24mpg even on long highway trips going 65mph. Struts were replaced at 15000 miles by warranty. Tires were wore out at 30000. Whole new sunroof put in at 35000. Needed rear shocks at 50000. Rear ABS sensor for $800 at 55000. The car is currently in the shop for the other rear sensor, one front sensor, and actuator for a total of $2500. The dealer called Nissan and got them to pay half of the last bill cause there was another one in there for the same thing. They know this is a problem but will not recall. This is my first and last Nissan.

Just OK
By sgkoch on 01/28/11 13:28 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Maxima new and it now has 22K miles on it; I live very close to work. At 19K miles the AC compressor went and took out the whole system including the serpantine belt. We were stranded in the middle of nowhere 75 miles from home. Thankfully I had 9 days left on the 3/36 warranty so the AC was covered. However Nissan did not have the compressor in stock and it was on backorder for 2 months. What does that tell you...Must be alot of AC's going out. They did provide me with a rental car but it was still a pain not having my car. Other than that nightmare the car has been OK. It's fast, it handles fine for what it is and it's comfortable. The Bose system is great.

A Nice Sedan
By czip on 12/16/10 04:36 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle falls some where between a Carmy, and an Accord; you won't feel like you are floating, and you won't feel like you are in a truck. The transmission doesn't have a quick low gear; so no jack rabbit starts here. The V-6 is solid, and allows for competent passing. I am tall, but the driver's seat is comfortable. I drive 120 miles to/from work each day, and have had no problems. Read about the recalls, and complaints before you look at the vehicle; know what to look for. Turn to aftermarket products, if you question Nissan's quality control; ie. brakes and shocks/struts.

Maxed Out !
By Disappointed on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this Maxima brand new. It was my 4th maxima and because I was so impressed with previous models I didn't hesitate to upgrade. Big Mistake ! My 2003 model gave me no problems at all. I should have kept it instead of trading it in. Since my purchase in 2007 i have replaced the battery, the CVT, and wheel bearings. It surprises me to see how many other people were experiencing the same issues I am. My struts are making noise but Nissan won't replace them until they get worse. I hear some rattling in the engine that the technician says he can't hear. I thought it was the mechanics but maybe it is just the car falling apart and they are used to it. The car shakes at high speeds also.

The good the bad the ugly
By jennifer on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

THE GOOD- looks good, lots of power, love the heated seats and steering wheel. the back up sensors have me spoiled. THE BAD- shimmies all over the road on acceleration. anything above 50 my steering wheel shakes. when you shut the doors it sounds like they used sheet metal to build them. replaced the timing chain already. the speakers have a short in them. there is a squeaking in the front end but the dealers mechanics never hear it. car shudders after i start the engine like its not getting fuel, but only of the afternoon when i am leaving work not in the morning. UGLY- the chrome is faded. poor poor paint job. 2 mo after i bought the car pain started chipping. carpet coming up.

Maxed OUT
By Rick on 05/28/10 08:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fun car, but have never experienced significant repairs with previous Maximas. Have replaced air conditioning compressor, timing belt, and battery (3 times). What happened to the quality with which I was accustomed? Was considering another Maxima, or even an upgrade to Infinity. But, this is my last Nissan of any kind until the reliability comes back.

Nissan Maxima issues 2007 model
By mbartk on 02/12/10 10:56 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My Nissan Maxima has had a few issues. The battery died at 21,000 miles. The air conditioning goes on any time I try to change the mode on the heating system. The tires at 26,000 miles have to be replaced. The car does a poor job of handling on snow covered roads and because I live in NE Ohio this has been an issue. My previous car was a Chrysler 300 and I did not have any of these issues and the interior leather was of much better quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.