2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Perfect so far..........
By rp65 on 09/17/13 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Maxima with only 2k miles on it and currently have over 90k without any problems. The only thing I have replaced are the brakes and still have the original tires on it but I wouldn't recommend going that long on them. It has never let me down and I can't say anything bad about it.

Drastically poor milage
By rj3016 on 01/24/13 07:49 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2007 Maxima brand new. Since day one I have no gotten better than 17-18 mpg combined. At first the dealership told me it was winter gas. Winter gas? You have to be kidding me. I agreed to drive it till spring. Well, spring gas, summer gas made no difference. Still I amm only able to squeeze out 17.8 mpg. Took it to the dealer to find out why. The service manager said and I quote "we can check it but I don't think we will find anything wrong. That's just what those cars get" They checked the car and of course said they didn't find anything wrong. I drive 150 miles a day all highway. The best I can get is 18.8 mpg. This car SUCKS! Never again. My Hummer get 18 mpg!

Great!...not near the issues others have had.
By wtgkb8 on 02/13/12 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the car with 5 mi in late 2007 for $6k off MSRP. Have only replaced RR wheel bearing at~68k miles(under my warranty). Other items have only been normal wear items such as battery. Have only done regular maint. at home, with the exception of the trans maint. at dealer at around 60k miles. I could have not asked for any better car regarding reliability. Run purely 91-93 oct. fuel, and get 18-20 city, 25-28 hwy mpg since day one! I was skeptical with the CVT at first, but I don't think I can go back to a regular auto ever again! Throttle response is immediate, and the car learns your driving style regarding to trans and throttle reactions. Ready for 2012-13 model to add to or replace.

Good car...a bad experience is on you
By kolib on 01/30/12 09:38 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my 2007 maxima for 2 years now, and minus the minor necessities, I have not had to put any serious money into the car. I think all these bad reviews go back to the individual. People fail to realize there driving habits, conditions, etc play a big part into the longivity of their vechile. Most of us wait until the last minuet to get our car inspected or sent in for a tune up. Personally I have had a great experience with my max - and I came from a 2006 volvo xc90 (a very nice and luxuries SUV). My maxima is smooth, roomy, above average on fuel for its size, and the SL interior is up to par. I think people were expecting an infiniti not realizing they were buying a nissan

Very dependable, stylish and fun car to own
By kscommuter on 09/17/11 20:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car new in Dec 2006 and have enjoyed it every single day I've had it, and I've driven it a lot -- 115,000 miles so far and I plan on keeping it easily until it has 300,000+ miles on it. Have always had it serviced at my Nissan dealership religiously; the car has been extremely dependable and very light on the pocket book; only needing brake work and tires replaced as you'd expect. Continental ExtremeContact tires are great on this car; they make it ride like new. Besides being a work car, we use this car for all our long trips to visit family (500+ miles each way) and always feel decent at the end of the drive. Last but not least, this car has excellent "get up and go"!

Not What I Expected.....
By kcire10 on 09/12/11 11:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the 2007 Maxima SE new and I've had nothing but trouble from the start. Had it for almost 5 years and I've had to get the AC compressor replaced, the motor mounts, belts (because of the compressor), and hoses for the AC. I also have trouble every now and again with the keyless entry. Plus, you pay an arm and a leg for 30,000 mile services ($600+). This is my first and my last Nissan. I should have bought a Honda!

The Best Maxima
By maximaday on 07/20/11 22:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my Maxima since March 2010. I bought a 2007 Maxima SE 23,000 miles with the Leather and Sensor package. Slate is the best color for the Maxima I think. But I'd take a white 2012 in a heartbeat. I've sold Nissans since 2008 and I know their the best cars out there. And Nissan spends more money on the quality of the materials to last longer. The CVT makes it a bit slow off the line but I don't need a G35.

decent
By atorreon on 04/01/11 13:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

decent car....got one with all the toys. the oem tires suck in the winter and the car never got better than 17mpg. options and car build were great though. lots of comfor and decent performance

Junk Crap POS
By acme1020 on 02/24/11 15:45 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the Max new in Jan 07. First dissapointment gas mpg. Usually get 19.5 split city highway driving. Never been over 24mpg even on long highway trips going 65mph. Struts were replaced at 15000 miles by warranty. Tires were wore out at 30000. Whole new sunroof put in at 35000. Needed rear shocks at 50000. Rear ABS sensor for $800 at 55000. The car is currently in the shop for the other rear sensor, one front sensor, and actuator for a total of $2500. The dealer called Nissan and got them to pay half of the last bill cause there was another one in there for the same thing. They know this is a problem but will not recall. This is my first and last Nissan.

Just OK
By sgkoch on 01/28/11 13:28 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Maxima new and it now has 22K miles on it; I live very close to work. At 19K miles the AC compressor went and took out the whole system including the serpantine belt. We were stranded in the middle of nowhere 75 miles from home. Thankfully I had 9 days left on the 3/36 warranty so the AC was covered. However Nissan did not have the compressor in stock and it was on backorder for 2 months. What does that tell you...Must be alot of AC's going out. They did provide me with a rental car but it was still a pain not having my car. Other than that nightmare the car has been OK. It's fast, it handles fine for what it is and it's comfortable. The Bose system is great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.