2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Inherent transmission problem with '06

2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

3.5 SL Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Inherent transmission problem with '06 Maxima
By jaware on

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As others have stated - there is an inherent transmission problem with the '06 Maxima and other years as well. At 62k miles my transmission started to slip and the car jerked when shifting. I brought my car to a local transmission shop and they told me this is a common problem with Nissan vehicles. On their suggestion, I opened a case with Nissan customer affairs. They instructed me to bring it to the dealership for inspection and guess what? My car needs a new valve body and transmission for an estimated cost of $6,000 - a gross over estimate! Nissan contacted me to say they would offer no assistance. Everyone with a similar problem must join the class action suit underway!

Favorite Features

Nothing - will never ever own another Nissan and will tell everyone I know to never consider them; if you own one now, sell before inherent problems surface!

Suggested Improvements

Build a transmission that will last more than 62k miles - if not, stand by your customers and do the right thing!