Picked-up Used
By bmac13 on
2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I bought this car used from my father about 3 month ago. The dealers were trying to fleece him on trade in value for a new vehicle. My family was growing and I needed a larger second vehicle. I was looking for a larger sedan with safety and reliability, but with some HP and was fun to drive. After looking at the new sedans (2010-2012) on the market I could not find a vehicle that had all of the features of the 2006 Maxima and under 25K. I was aware of the transmissions problems of the Maxima, fortunately, I knew the history of this Maxima and the transmission has not been a problem. If worse comes to worse, I'll be out 3K instead of 25K+ price tag of new vehicle with less quality.
Favorite Features
Heated steering wheel is a huge plus in the winter months. Great stereo system, nice quality sound even with cassette adapter for MP3 player. Enough performance for daily driving balanced with good fuel ecomomy. Drove in a couple of snow storms (with snow tires equipped) handled very well with sensible winter driving.
Suggested Improvements
The turning radius takes some getting used to but I owned pick-up trucks with worse. No Aux-in for stereo. Easily remedied by cassette tape/MP3 adapter (strange to see in a car these days) Only draw back is local Nissan dealership is a real hassle to deal with. Since warranty is up I'll just take to a non-Nissan mechanic.