2006 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Loved it, Until Mr. Bad Tranny

2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SE Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Loved it, Until Mr. Bad Tranny came knocking!! ACCORD CROSSTOUR looks pretty interesting right about now...
By dribentley on

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this car, still do, but this whole jerking, hard shifting between gears is upsetting. I just got to 61,000 miles!!! This is a poorly built transmission, and I have seen hundreds of consumer complaints about this issue. The turning radius sucks big time. The look of the vehicle is fierce and awesome. I love sporty, masculine looking cars and the Maxima has that going for it. I could never see my hubbie driving my old Honda CRV. I pray Nissan will reach out to us soon and repair a damaged relationship with its 2004-2006 Maxima owners w/tranny issues. I've already made up my mind to trade it in for the ACCORD CROSSTOUR and have discouraged others from the Maxima as well.

Love the fast pick up on the highway. Fierce looking ride.

One word: Transmission!! oh and the turning radius
By critical2
on 08/17/13 11:53 AM (PDT)

This is an easy fix guys Change your linear solenoids in the valve body to rostra solenoids and that will solve the problem once and for all. you maxima will run like new again. It did for mine and its been almost a year and the car still runs perfectly. Good Luck.

By staceyt
on 02/11/12 22:19 PM (PST)

we had the same problem with our car and it was the throttle body not the transmission :)