2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
2TheMax
By kendra on 05/23/06 18:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

GREAT acceleration. Sexy and fun. Great leg and head room for me - 6'2". Very comfortable and stylish. Reliable.

I really like this car
By 7thnissan on 05/10/06 14:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I got this car for my wife, but I got to drive it on a 600 mile trip. We averaged 27 mpg city and highway. The Maxima was very comfortable and roomy, trunk space was unbeliveable. The two kids had enough room in the back to make their own little nest without touching each other. I drive a 95 Q45 and the Maxima has nearly all the same features except for the V8, didn't miss it.

Asani
By Asani on 04/28/06 18:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

great car fast and reliable great on fuel economy lots of horse power and torque the new maximas they should change the body style on them and increase the horse power like the infiniti 300 horse

Best combination: performance and value
By dkmg1845 on 04/24/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a true sports sedan, not an nicely upgraded Camry. It's the only sedan that easily fits 2 car seats and makes driving exciting again. No manufacturer has yet to match the Nissan 3.5L V6. This is a sweet car worth every penny.

Nice ride
By Mark on 04/05/06 13:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

traded the Altima SE for the Maxima and very happy with the new car.

The Max is where it's at!!!!!!
By felix1833 on 04/02/06 18:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a longtime Nissan buyer and owned a few older Nissan maximas, which all where great to drive. The 5th generation Maxima is all that you could hope for in a car. I love the maximas power, options, sat radio, nav, bluetooth, handling and style. For the money you get a great deal. If you want more, then Infiniti is the way to go. A side note Nissan changes body style very often so when 6th generation maxima comes out you will lose some value in your car if you pop in and out of cars. But the maxima 2006 is a great buy and a good long term car. So if you go to Nissan test drive a Maxima and I bet it will be hard to leave the dealership without one. Stay Nissan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fun Ride but Painful Seat
By Houston Commuter on 03/31/06 14:22 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I commute over an hour each way every day and liked the performance, mileage and range of this car. It has lots of zip in traffic and motors along at 80 with no problem. The exterior styling is distictive and the interior is big enough for a family of 5 on the rare occasions when the family comes along. My only serious complaint is the width and rigidity of the front bucket seats. I find that the little wings on the side of the seat are rock hard and they are putting my leg to sleep, especially on the right side. The problem didn't show itself until I had been driving for about a month and now I'm regretting the purchase.

My love "maxeen"
By Jay on 03/11/06 16:55 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like most guys I know we love our cars so much,and spend endless hours keeping them that we end up spending more time with our car than our wives/girlfriends. So we end up naming them. My car's name is Maxeen. She is my first foreign car and I absolutely love her and Nissan dealership.

Great car to drive
By Ec Havranek on 03/02/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is very quiet in driving. The transmission has a smooth start, no jerking into 1st gear. The interior has a very comfortable seat. The dash board and accessories are a pleasure to see and use. The engine has a sufficient am't of HP. Engine design is very nice and clean. When driving at higher speeds, the ride is very smooth. The Nissan models have a reputation of having mileage of upto 300,000 mi.

2006 Nissan Maxima SE Happy Guy
By Black Max on 02/17/06 21:31 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I spent months researching a handful of vehicles. I was conflicted regarding cost vs true value between Nissan Maxima SE & Infiniti G35 and am very happy with my Black on Black Maxima; which turns heads. Driving is flat out fun with a very "torquey" yet smooth engine & transmission pairing. The black interior "matches up" better with the factory brushed steel interior trim and looks "integrated" overall compared to other interior colors. The interior lighting at night, on black, is awesome and detailed as almost every switch has an amber light for 2006. It doesn't lack for technology and features, many of which go unspoken on the nissan.com site. HID is great, has fog lamps, auto set.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.