2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Good "Sport Sedan"
By Red Thunder on 01/12/07 11:10 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

On the day of the delivery I experienced steering wheel "shimmy" or vibration at all speeds and despite 5 trips to the dealership, some improvement but not complete elimination of the problem. I love the car, the room, the VQ engine (plenty of upgrades...), reliability and this is my 3 maxima. My first is still on the road (a friend drives it now) with over 300000 miles. I really dislike the service I experienced though. And they still promise to fix the issue and I'm still waiting...

2nd Max probably last
By Max2 on 01/03/07 18:26 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Maxima. I had an '02 SE for over four years. This one soundly beats that one in terms of features, comfort and performance. There are some areas where this one falls way short in comparison though. Mainly, the build quality of the interior stinks. Very cheap. You can really tell where Nissan was pinching pennies. I've had issues with the exterior finish as well. Due to all the squeaks and rattles I'm planning on trading for an '07 Acura TL after keeping this car for only one year.

Great Deal on a Great Car
By Joe on 01/01/07 18:48 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this for $25,545, includes 29 oil change services. Tested Avalon (= model would have was over $30,000) and Saturn (top of line at $27,500 not as nice and less performance). Had 1994 with 152,000 reliable miles. Great ride, super Bose and performance. Plush interior.

WOW, We love our Nissan
By Rich on 12/21/06 18:17 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a great auto. Awesome power, great handling, and it looks so cool too!! Sport and luxury at a super value.

comsumer
By ROY on 12/12/06 06:57 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

do a combination of city and highway driving, so far no problems, blue tooth feature is great. this is my 3rd maxima.

Love it !
By Luxurious Car on 11/01/06 15:42 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. It's reliable, handles well and fast. The MPG is great. It is sporty and very luxurious. I love my new Maxima. Way to go Nissan.

Excellent Car; Excellent value
By Chad on 10/25/06 10:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife leased her 2006 Maxima SE 5AT and really enjoys it. We got a great lease deal that was much better than anything else in this class. Overall the car seems great; will know more once we put some miles on the Maxima. The engine, style (both interior and exterior) are very nice, and the features on this car are better than many cars costing $10k more. I recently purchased a 2006 G35 sedan 6MT and it lacks several of the features this car has and costs 10% more. You will not be disappointed with this vehicle.

Shimmy
By madagaro on 10/15/06 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

On the day of the delivery I experienced steering wheel "shimmy" or vibration at two different speeds and despite 4 trips to the dealership, some improvement but not complete elimination of the problem. I understand steering wheel locks may be an issue (found that on the Edmunds site) and will try that....love the car, dislike the service I experienced.

Looks great but having issues
By steve on 10/13/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I took a march 2006 delivery on this Black with dark grey cloth seats Nissan SE as a commuter and 2nd car. The only options were the mats, spoiler and the sunroof. It has been in the shop 3 times to replace the front right struts (it is now Oct. 06). There is a rattling in the steering that the dealer cannot seem to fix. It is fine for straight highway cruising but forget having fun in the twisties. This car get nervous and sloppy real fast. It's a psuedo sports car. While the exteriror styling is beautiful the body panel are soft and thin. Subject to the slightest dings. With the mecahnical problems and the sloppy handling I can't wait to get rid of it.

hot car
By Tony O. on 09/23/06 21:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second time around for me owning a Maxima, I had a 2005 for about a year and traded it for the 2006. And this vehicle is great!!! from the purr of the engine to the retractable side view mirrors. Everything is on point. I have no idea why Nissan changed up the bodystyle for the 2007. It's absolutely horrible! I'll stick with my 2006!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.