Used 2006 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Loved My Maxima
By AE

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Max brand new and added the spoiler. It had the sporty feel I wanted and the practicality of a 4Dr sedan. In 4 years never had to do a thing expect routine maint and a new set of tires. Loved the 18" upgraded rims. And if you resit the temptation to drive it at the real speeds this sweetheart will go I got 28-30 mpg on the hwy. Not so go in city. Must use the cruise control on this car or you will find yourself in some trouble in no time.

Favorite Features

18" chrome wheels, steering wheel controls,interior room,trunk space, turning signals on mirrors,acceleration for merging onto freeway, problem free

Suggested Improvements

upgrade interior materials, mp3 outlet, road noise, make it distinctly different than the Altima. If I am going to $10,000+ more i don't want my neighbors Altima looking almost the same. Which is why I am getting a 2010 Max!

Not so excited about this car anymore
By TZ

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new thinking that like my last vehicle it would less me at least 140,000 miles without fixing anything major, so in 2 years my air condition went down, following winter something happened with my unt brakes, and now my transmission start acting up don't know whats the problem, i hope this car will get a recall it seems a lot of people have the same problem and after spending a good buck for this car i expect also a better performance I would never buy Nissan again unless there is a 100,000 warrant since i don't trust them anymore,

Favorite Features

design of this car and how roomie it is

Suggested Improvements

make this car less longer

206 Maxima love to hate it...
By Atlfalcons09

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my car in Jan.2007, very excited about finally owning a Maxima, just recently my transmission went out, struts are horrible and the car is very noisy, has knocking sounds under the car that the dealer can't figure out the problem, which is strange how they can figure out the major expensive stuff! The good things are the comfort and space...very good car to travel in and alot of trunk space. The car has very good pick up. The tires are very expensive and wear easily for some reason the dealer can't explain this either. Nice stereo system and speakers. Another complaint is this car has no change holder, 2 cup holders but no where to store change. Overall it's a nice car.

Favorite Features

18 inch rims interior space and good radio and the moon roof

Suggested Improvements

turning radius, figure out the noise issue, better struts and suspension

maxed out
By meka

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car 4/06. since then i have replaced struts, ac compressor, tie rods, head lights. knocking sound on right and the service men at nissan cant figure out what it is. constantly being aligned. front grill chipped up. it is very sporty and fun to drive but cant enjoy the drive for having to replace tires so often which are way to expensive. a headlamp cost me $186. oh not to mention the motor mounts keep breaking. guess you can say i got a lemon too. will never ever buy another one. im maxed out on funds keeping this junk running!

Favorite Features

heated seats, 6 disc player

Suggested Improvements

steering, lower cost tires,headlamps.

Will Miss IT!
By Stephanie E

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned my Nissan for 4 yrs. ABSOLUTELY loved it! I purchased a LOADED SE model & can't complain too much about it. The only down side is the turning radius sucked. As far as reliability, ride, comfort, & performance it was awesome. It set standards that spoiled me that other manufactures don't include in options (heated steering wheel). Although window sticker stated 27 MPG, mine got 25-26 MPG (not too bad - and I don't putt putt around). I recently totaled it, so SAFETY was GREAT! When side air bags deployed no smell or gas filled the interior like others do. This was one of my favorite make/models to own. I will definitely miss this car!

Favorite Features

Heated Steering Wheel & Seats, Park assist, Driver saved settings, Steering Wheel controls, Integrated Phone, ROOM!

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius