2006 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Great car!
By SHAWN B on 05/26/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car a really been a great buy. We avg (city/hwy) about 25 mpg. The motor is solid. Seats feel great. lots of power. I couldn't ask for more except the turning is absolutely ridiculous. Not sure who dropped the engineering ball on that one, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives!!

Love the car but hate paying at the pump
By MME on 05/21/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for 2 yrs and absolutely love it. My only complaint is having to run premium fuel in it. I usually only get about 23 mpg. With gas prices these days, that hurts your pocket.

Nice Auto!
By stephen dudas on 03/25/08 10:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a 2004 and 2006 Maxima. The cars have been excellent and great quality and value. Performance is great, driver comforts and features excellent. One complaint is the stiff ride I would attribute to the 18 inch tires with stiff sidewalls. Very happy overall however.

Love my Maxima!
By lhowell62 on 09/05/07 10:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a car with plenty of interior space - but still a sporty look. No granny car for me! I fell in love with the Maxima when I test drove it the first time in April, before the 07s came out. Decided to shop around and I ended up coming back. Was going to get an 07, but got a great deal on the 06. CVT and keyless start only diffs. I get up to 34 mpg on hwy - bonus! I love the handling and living in a remote state with lots of highway driving, I love the get up and go when I pass. This car is the most fun to drive, it's sporty yet luxurious. It's exactly what I was looking for. Wish I would have got the navigation system, otherwise I'd say it's the perfect car for me.

Good, not great
By Good Car on 08/26/07 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Put 33k on my 2006 Maxima in 14 months and it is a decent car. Good performance, nice to look at, good highway mileage, stereo and bluetooth are excellent, and it's a big car. However, I've had the brakes done twice (11k and 26k), The lumbar in the seat broke, 2nd gear a little notchy when cold, and AC stopped blowing real cold air and dealership says it's fine. Couple of annoying rattles in dash. My biggest complaint is seat comfort. No lumbar or upper back support compared to other "Sport" sedans. I drive 30k miles per year at least and my back is broke after a 300 mile drive. Back was never sore in my 2004 acura TL. So... going back to Acura or step-up to lexus/infiniti.

Mighty Maxima
By J.C. on 08/12/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm new to the Maxima scene, but I now understand all the "hoopla" behind it. When I bought this car I had no idea about the power behind it (even though I test drove). This machine is sweet, decent on the petro too! A lot of features on the SL, including BT, sunroof and wood trimming.

Eh... could be better, could be worse...
By MrPicky on 07/02/07 20:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The first Nissan purchased ever. Had a Jeep Gr. Cherokee V8 before so I wasn't as impressed as most were with the power. OEM tires stink - expensive and noisy. No traction up inclined snowy driveways - wheels spin easily which is probably why it's even hard to drive up ramps for oil changes. I've got a noise coming from the engine (30K miles) that sounds like a bad engine bearing, but I have yet to take it in to find out. The cover for the air filter is extremely difficult to reinstall. No major repairs up to this point, so all the little things are not a big deal.

Like My Maxima
By Linda Howard on 05/17/07 07:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been wanting a Maxima. Finally found one, exact color I wanted and feel like I got a good deal. Bought one that was a lease. Much better deal than buying a brand new one. The turning radius in not huge, but I can live w/that. Not used to the way the transmission does (maybe that's the way the Max is). Very good looking car on outside. Gets a lot of looks.

Cruise control stinks
By googlemom on 04/28/07 21:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drove the car off the lot and hit the cruise control when I reached open highway - what a shock. When going down slight inclines, the car experienced extreme surges in power. Never had a car that did that and thought something was wrong. Took it back to the service department and was told that all Maximas do that. I spent $35k for the car and was sick. I never thought to test the cruise control; lesson learned. I haven't owned the car a year yet and am looking to trade.

Great Car
By Kevin on 02/07/07 11:39 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great to drive, and is very comfortable. It performs great, you will not be disappointed.