2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Rock Solid
By zoomer on 03/03/09 12:09 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

No unplanned maintenance. NONE. I have 30K miles on it and still on original tires and brakes. I can't over-emphasize how reliable this car has been. Engine power is excellent, but too much for the tires and suspension of the SL. So easy to spin tires and the body lean is a bit much under hard cornering. I was hoping for a cross between prior cars 350Z and Lexus GS300, and maybe should've got a MaxSE.

Very Nice Car
By Nice Nissan on 01/24/09 11:27 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new in April 2006 and it has been solid mechanically. The only feature I dislike is that my electric controlled passenger side mirror had to be replaced due to the adjustment not resetting correctly after placing the car in reverse, which still did not correct the problem.

LOVE MY MAXIMA
By buttrnut on 11/10/08 19:17 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car off of the showroom floor in Jan of 2008. I love, love, love my Maxima! Exceptional handling (can take a 30 MPH exit ramp at 70 MPH), acceleration is comparable to a V8, sometimes a bit scary... the power is underestimated. The exterior of the car screams "HOT". Sporty, low profile high performance ride. I took an 11 hour trip in this car and really enjoyed the ride, I averaged 29 MPG with a fully loaded trunk. I love the body style and was a little sad to see Nissan succumb to a Camry look for 2009. Hope the new body style grows on me because I would really like to be a Maxima-lifer!

I really wanted to love it.
By George on 10/23/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car new since family had good luck with older Maximas in the late 90s but this one has been a disappointment. CD changer replaced 3 times for freezing up, lumbar support dead twice, center console arm support snapped, grille replaced for paint chipping, paint in general isn't great and now fighting with Nissan cause clutch and flywheel failed. Mechanics say its a defect but Nissan says its regular wear and tear. Funny how that works. BBB to the rescue!!! I do like driving this car but its put a sour taste in my mouth especially with how Nissan corporate treats its customers and just worrying about when I'll be sitting in service again. I think I just got a dud.

Big Disappointment!
By bruin in Ottawa on 10/22/08 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car has given me no confidence in the Nissan brand. It has a horrible fit and finish. This is going to catch up with Nissan just like it did with the big three.

Light bulb!!
By Vancouver on 10/04/08 00:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used, with 15k miles on it. I had a previous Maxima (96) that I drove for 8 years. This is a different car, nice, good visibility and good handling. Quiet and very powerful engine (265 Hp). I wish it had a 6 speed manual but Nissan does not make enough of. I am at 55k miles, and love it. Fuel economy unpaired, if you drive it on the hwy for this size of engine (29-30 m/gl and 20-22 in the city). Always I get the best fuel because this car loves it. At 37k the front light bulb died and service wanted to charge me over $160.00+tx. I could not believe it, but thanks to e-bay I was able to replace it for $36.00 plus my time. Consider maintenance cost when you buying this car.

Love it
By Annie on 09/16/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The first thing I did was replace the ugly grille! Now it looks perfect. Performance is exhilarating. Replaced OEM tires with upgrades and traction is much better. Bought a fully loaded one with heated SW, navigation, etc. and glad I did. Do 30 mpg on the highway, using regular on highway and 89 in town. Performs the same. Definitely one of the best cars I've owned. Great value!

Love my maxima
By chiller on 07/07/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There are so many things I love about this car. I've owned many different makes and models over the years, but this is my favorite car. It looks great, drives great, and is super comfortable. One of my favorite features - a heated steering wheel. (I live in the Midwest.) I've had just regular maintenance and no mechanical issues at all. I usually trade my vehicles in after three years, but I'm actually thinking of keeping this one for awhile. Well, maybe I'll trade it for a new Maxima. I would like remote start.

Still not sure
By bonton on 06/05/08 02:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am still trying to decide if I like this car. I do know that I liked my 97 Maxima (234k miles) so much better. I don't like the "automatic" rear view mirror. It does not make the lights from behind seem any less bright. There does not seem to be as much head room in this Maxima compared to the 97. Either that, or the seat does not adjust low enough. I feel like my head is touching on the roof. The center console has way more buttons than anyone needs, 43 to be exact! Every time I turn the heat on the a/c comes on. Why is that? I do like the sportiness and look of the car. It drives nice and is quick to respond. They just have some design flaws. I would take the 97 anyday!

Great car!
By SHAWN B on 05/26/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car a really been a great buy. We avg (city/hwy) about 25 mpg. The motor is solid. Seats feel great. lots of power. I couldn't ask for more except the turning is absolutely ridiculous. Not sure who dropped the engineering ball on that one, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.