Used 2006 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Poor Making Of The Car
By karenharper23

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2006 Nissian Maxima and Ive been had this car for about 4 years now, I start experiencing problems with it last year after my warranty was up. First of all the AC went out and begun to blow hot air and costed me over $300 to get fixed then about January when I reached about 72,000 miles my car began to Jerk and take about 4-5 seconds to go into drive,reverse,etc. So I took it to the Nissan dealer and had them do a dianostic check about 3 times and they told me nothing was wrong so I got my transmission serviced around March and the jerking stopped and now it has started back and now my transmission has gone out and is costing me about $3,000 to get fixed. POOR QUALITY IM UPSET!!!!

Nissan should do a recall on all 2006 Nissan Maxima's and fixed thier mistakes because this isnt right..

WHAT A NISSAN
By joylene101

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i am really disappointed with this car,first off the tires cost 400 a set and thats not it some coins fell down into the meter amp where the radio sits and shut my car down, had to get it towed and that cost me 560, now my ac will not blow cold the low ac side has gone out thats another 500 dollars. i hate this car

it has great speed to it and the radio has great speakers

transmission, tires, and ac unit needs to be replace in all nissan max 2006 year at no cost

Wonderful Maxima
By jamalfisher

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2006 Maxima with about 60K miles on it and has been a dream. The car drives amazing, has plenty of luxury features and proves to be a good sedan. A few reviews have noted issues but those seem relatively normal for a vehicle with 100K miles or more. I will say this, the vehicle is Nissan's flagship so it will cost you more to operate. Premium sedans require premium maintenance. Chances are if you complain about the cost of repair, you probably cannot afford this vehicle. Whenever you have a performance vehicle, you will likely put it to the test thus be prepared to service it as you would any other sports car. We personally have had no repair issues other than normal items.

Navigation Bose Stereo Heated Leather Seats Power Moonroof Satellite Radio

MPG

Disappointed
By melr

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 Maxima slightly used in late 2006 with 15k miles on it. Everything was great for the first couple of years. Did go through two sets of tires though. At 72k miles the A/C began blowing hot air. A couple of months later, the transmission went out (hard shift between gears). A couple months after that a fuel leak and cracked motor mounts. The good news is I'm now at 80k and am just replacing the brakes. There is also a hollow metal sound coming from the car. Fortunately I bought a great extended warranty (that expires in Nov.) that has picked up everything but the A/C. Come Dec. I will likely get rid of the car since it's too expensive to repair.

Zip Styling

Transmission

Sooooooo disappointed
By lori_colorado

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2006 Maxima about 2 years ago. Within that 2 years, I've repaired the airconditioning unit, replaced the transmission, and replaced the catalytic converter. Nissan won't do anything, even though these are common problems! I've put thousands of dollars into this car. I loved it when I bought it and I thought I'd be a Nissan owner for life, but now I know I'll never purchase another one!! This was so not worth the money, I'm very disappointed.