2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
PCB Nissan
By John D. on 09/21/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had planned to buy an SUV but the salesman told me that I would be missing out if I didn't try driving a Maxima. I told him I wasn't interested, but my wife said why not. So we jumped in and took it for drive. WOW!! I was impressed! We drove back to the dealer and I told them there was a shimmy in the steering wheel. Two days later they called and said they found a bad flat spot on one tire and fixed it. We went back for a second test drive; kept it over night and decided to buy it. I never thought I would ever purchase a 4-door car again until I drove the Maxima. What a fantastic vehicle Nissan has made. Speaking of performance, I'm a retired Navy Pilot; I know about Performance!

Super Max
By Bob Testa on 09/21/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car much better than my 300M, fun to drive great to look at. Recommend it highly

I really wanted to like this car!
By mhn on 09/15/05 02:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is so much fun to drive. With that said, we have had so many problems with it. The sunroof took 7 tries to repair, the A/C went out, struts replaced, paint is chipping off rear view mirror on the garage door button, rotors are shot, front dash rattles, steering column gets stuck in the upright position, and today my check engine soon light came on. I baby this car and I am a very mild driver. Maybe I just got a lemon, but we are trading it for an Infiniti G35x because they seem to be getting much better reviews. Good luck if you purchase this this vehicle. Hope yours won't be a lemon. I loved driving it, too bad it spends just as much time in the shop as it does on the road. :-(

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.