2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
This car has my personality
By D Doxon on 11/20/05 23:17 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2004 Chrysler 300 touring on a new Maxima. Although the 300 drove nice. It had bad blind spots and every time I drove it I felt like an old man(not to mention 3 repair trips already). On one nice Saturday I stopped at the Nissan dealer and drove The Maxima. I didn't want to give the keys back. One week later I had a new car in my driveway and am enjoying it. I bought the 300 because it was the "in" car. That was a big expensive mistake. The Maxima is the true 4 door sports car.

Maxima
By Nichole on 11/08/05 16:29 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My new maxima is wonderful! The minute I test drove a Maxima I knew I had to have it. Its quiet engine and smooth ride is just the beginning. The power is incredible. I've loved the look of these cars ever since they came out in 2004. Then I test drove it and It was love! Thanks

Fun - Luxury & Performance
By Tony on 11/08/05 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 4th Maxima I have owned. It is by far the the most sporty. I compared all the other cars (TL, Accord, Camry, Avalon, G35) and came back to the Maxima. It has the best engine and features for the money. My last Maxima, I had to replace the oxygen sensor and alternator although it had low miles. Even with a couple of repairs factored in I come out ahead of the other cars. I've had no problems with my 2006 SL and really like all the features including Bluetooth, which comes with the driver preferred pkg. This car drives excellent with great power and a nice little growl from the engine! Steve Hipshin with Tom Peacock in Houston is the best salesperson- great price and service.

Loving it!
By Joy on 11/01/05 13:56 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I are preparing for our first child so we needed a family car. I still have my Mitz 3000GT but you can't drive kids around it that. Anyway, my husband is 6'5 and he loves the room the car offers. He does not feel boxed in at all. I like that fact that it handles like my 3000 but gives me more room. We were debating between this car and the Chrylser 300 but for the price and features the Maxima came out on top. Great car!!!!!!

Sexy Stylish and Fun
By Kb on 10/30/05 10:35 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Toyota and wanted something little more sytlish and fun. I purchased the 2006 Nissan SL Maxima. It's not only a family car, but it's also sexy and fun without the kids.

Quality and Fun
By Eric on 10/18/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven Nissan's for 15 years....Pathfinders, 300ZX, Altima, and now a new Maxima..what a dream. Handles like a sportscar, but appointed and comfortable like a luxury sedan. While I miss a manual shift, the tip-tonic is fun, although it is easier just to use the drive selection in auto. Decent mileage, large tank and regular gas make it very affordable to run for this type of car.

Great performance and luxury
By Bill on 10/12/05 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I compared the Maxima, Acura TL, Accord, and G35. It came down to the Maxima and TL. For a comparably equipped car, the TL was about $2000 more. I loved the way of them drove, so I picked the Maxima becuase it was a little bit more roomy and cheaper. I really like this car. The power and luxury (I got all the bells and whistles) combo is great. I have had no initial quality problems and don't expect to have any. I find this car to be a great highway cruiser, but the real fun is how it performs on winding back roads. The acceleration, handling and braking are excellent. I don't see what all the fuss is about torque steer. 265 hp with front wheel drive is pushing the limits (but fun)

great car
By jacob on 10/10/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

not only was this car more affordable than its competitors, but the quality was outstanding. this car can really get up and go. i would consider this is you want more out of a vehicle than just a daily commuter. it will instill a passion for driving

Replacement Killa
By maximus331 on 10/03/05 16:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In the past I have owned two Nissan Maxima's. I was quite dissapointed in the previous models. The power of the Maxima reminds me of the 300m which I traded in for the Maxima. Quite pleased with handling style and performance

this is a great car
By steve ferry on 10/01/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I loved this car because it spactacular. I love the handling, interior, exterior, and everything. It is alot better than the toyota avalon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.