2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
I love my MAX.
By Dick on 02/04/06 10:35 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Max, I trade every year. Its the best bang for your buck if you want a fast, well appointed sports sedan. Great acceleration, and a tight, yet smooth ride in a luxury sedan. The SE with low profile tires handles a little better (my car last year), but the SL's ride is smoother without giving up too much in the handling department. You really notice this difference at speeds over 90. The interior of the SL is very well done and comparable to more expensive sports sedans. The SE interior is more mundane lacking the flash of an SL. Quality is very good. I've had no problems except of a small rattle in the SE I had last year. I'll buy another one next year.

Dissapointed
By Disappointed on 01/28/06 22:21 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have truly been disaapointed with this vehicle. I have found that my steering wheel shakes and shimmies when I reach 60 mph. The engine is loud and revs real high. I have taken it back to the dealership and they have advised that this is normal, and there is nothing they can do. Also, just recently noticed a rattle in the front dash. I have taken the car to the service department four times without any luck. This is the first Nissan I have purchased, and at this rate I'm sure it may be the last. My previous vehicles have been Hondas, and I think I should have stucked with them,because this Maxima was truly a mistake.

no ride
By walking boy on 01/26/06 10:48 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 2 months while driving, the gauges went dead along with turn signals, and the fan air etc. Took the car back to the dealer and they took 6 hrs to find the problem ( they think) the part been on order for 31 days. No car.the dealer won't returns calls and left me with a 800 # where you wait 30 min before they take your call. Then all they tell you is you're high priority and your case worker will call you back. I'm still waiting for my call back

Love this car!
By Rod Newhall on 01/25/06 16:40 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Both my sons have had Nissan's in the past as well as currently. I have driven their cars, and liked the performance, the ride and comfort. When it came time for us to get a new car, we choose the Maxima and haven't regretted it at all. It handles wonderfully in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, along the freeways of Ca. and in particular, along the Coast Highway where we spend a great deal of our time.

Excellent car
By Maxima on 01/22/06 12:51 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Dash isn't. too complicated for att'n when driving. Doors have cheap interior material finish. Seat heaters do not turn off automatically,when ignition turned on, seat heaters go on if used previously. Dash instuments too complicated for safe operation when driving. Trunk space is the main feature missing as compared to Ford Grand Marquis.

One seemingly unsolvable problem
By Pedro Salas on 01/05/06 19:17 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Maxima. I have been very pleased with them over the years. I love the design and performance of the car. However, I cannot get the dealer/Nissan to solve one problem: the bluetooth volume drops to suddenly and returns at random. The dealer has not been able to fis it to date. They have replaced the radio but the problem persists. Additionally, the front two right speakers stoped working all of the sudden this weekend. Also, when I discovered one week after I got the car that the lsft retractable side mirror was not working. Too many problems for a new car. They seem like assembly/production problems.

Great Car
By cclobbyist on 01/02/06 20:00 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did alot of research, even tried to look at the American cars, but it everyone in America has the 300m. Thus I decided to break it down to two final cars. I Looked at the Avalon before I purchased the Maxima SL, got the Onyx exterior and black interior. The Maxima was a far better choice than the Avalon. Got the SL with the drivers pref.pkg. The car rides great, and yes I did notice the turning radius issue that was discussed on this site and yes it begs for improvement. But hey I have yet to find the perfect car that will make everyone perfectly happy. I like the car a whole lot, and was happy to trade in my 04 Camry for it. The heated steering wheel is perfect for the cold Chicago winter

Sporty Luxury Car Without Luxury Price
By Myiesha on 12/29/05 01:30 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been looking to purchase the Nissan Maxima since 2004 when the new exterior was introduced. Finally in 2005, I decided to buy the 2006. This car looks and drives great. I get so many complements. It's luxury without the luxury price.

Some Disappointments With My 2006Maxima
By jayemmay on 12/03/05 17:53 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is attractive and roomy. The engine is very peppy. But there are some things that disappoint me. The Owner's Manual is not well written and is confusing in places. The controls for heating and cooling are a total mystery. Things happen that I would not want to happen such as the AC turing on ecven though it's 30 degrees outside. The big possible problem is that sometimes on braking the car swerves. I feel the steering wheel twist in my hands. The service advisor at the dealership says this is due to the 18" wheels and is uncorrectable. I cannot accept that proposition.

Wife's Maxima
By galangley on 11/21/05 09:50 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

We have driven Chevrolets for 50 yrs. and went for a test drive in the Altima and my wife liked it, just as we were leaving we spotted the Maxima and drove it away. We have 11,000 miles on it now and are averaging 27mpg. Nissan has been great with their service.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.