Used 2006 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

'06 NISSAN MAXIMA SL EXCLLENT
By Michael Schroll

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've put nearly 10000 miles on this car after buy it used. Fast sporty handling solid structor and good looking are the that best describe it. Combined with room for are family and Nissan reliablity. I'd buy another.

engine note, stlying

none

My Last Maxima
By kempro

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 5 Maximas (1990, 1991, 2001, 2003, and 2006) I am sadly looking in other directions. I have loved every aspect of the previous models but the 2006 has put me off. My favorite aspect of the Maxima was the joy in driving it. It's fast and responsive and fun to drive. Unfortunately, the build quality of the '06 is very poor. I had to replace tires at 36000 miles, battery at 46000, brakes and rotors at 50,000, headlight ($285) at 51000, and the top of the adjustable arm rest came off which the dealer wanted $485 to replace. All of these problems are common as I have a friend who also owns an 06 and has had similar repairs.

Handling and quickness. Fun to drive!

It is my opinion that Nissan has downgraded it's components supporting one of the best engines in the biz! My 03 and 90 (which I still own) have had fewer problems combined than my 06!

Wheel shakes also!
By Wheel shakes also!!!

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the car for 3 years (since new) and love to drive it. The only problem is that the darn steering wheel has had a shimmy since I test drove it. I didn't think much of it and asked them to check the tire balance before I took delivery. Big mistake. 3 years and more than 15 attempts to get it fixed and it still shakes. Nissan mechanics don't have a clue why. Nissan has given up on trying to fix it and I've given up trying to get it fixed. Luckily it's a lease and it'll be their problem next month. It's too bad, my family has been loyal to Nissan since 1985, not any more...

Manual trans., faster than it looks, bluetooth, heated steering wheel.

Don't give up when a problem has been brought to your attention, it's ridiculous and it'll cost far more to the company in lost customers than the cost to figure out the problem.

IN TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Momingeorgia

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded mine in with transmission problems!! Only had it 2 years. The first gear no longer worked. Highly dissapointed in the nissan name. Powertrain warranty ended at 60000. Transmission went at 65000. I am still upset

Comfort, Power, agility

Reliability of 04-06 transmission.

Shakey drive
By Wheel Shakes

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the worse car that I have ever owned. From the time I drove it off the lot, nothing but suspension problems and back to the dealership 10 times and still have the problem. No good in snow or rain. Tires are over $200 each..bad choice of car and brand. Dealership could not keep the problem fixed. Wheel shakes all the time when driving.