2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Wheel shakes also!
By Wheel shakes also!!! on 06/12/09 17:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the car for 3 years (since new) and love to drive it. The only problem is that the darn steering wheel has had a shimmy since I test drove it. I didn't think much of it and asked them to check the tire balance before I took delivery. Big mistake. 3 years and more than 15 attempts to get it fixed and it still shakes. Nissan mechanics don't have a clue why. Nissan has given up on trying to fix it and I've given up trying to get it fixed. Luckily it's a lease and it'll be their problem next month. It's too bad, my family has been loyal to Nissan since 1985, not any more...

I really wanted to love it.
By George on 10/23/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car new since family had good luck with older Maximas in the late 90s but this one has been a disappointment. CD changer replaced 3 times for freezing up, lumbar support dead twice, center console arm support snapped, grille replaced for paint chipping, paint in general isn't great and now fighting with Nissan cause clutch and flywheel failed. Mechanics say its a defect but Nissan says its regular wear and tear. Funny how that works. BBB to the rescue!!! I do like driving this car but its put a sour taste in my mouth especially with how Nissan corporate treats its customers and just worrying about when I'll be sitting in service again. I think I just got a dud.

Big Disappointment!
By bruin in Ottawa on 10/22/08 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car has given me no confidence in the Nissan brand. It has a horrible fit and finish. This is going to catch up with Nissan just like it did with the big three.

Good, not great
By Good Car on 08/26/07 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Put 33k on my 2006 Maxima in 14 months and it is a decent car. Good performance, nice to look at, good highway mileage, stereo and bluetooth are excellent, and it's a big car. However, I've had the brakes done twice (11k and 26k), The lumbar in the seat broke, 2nd gear a little notchy when cold, and AC stopped blowing real cold air and dealership says it's fine. Couple of annoying rattles in dash. My biggest complaint is seat comfort. No lumbar or upper back support compared to other "Sport" sedans. I drive 30k miles per year at least and my back is broke after a 300 mile drive. Back was never sore in my 2004 acura TL. So... going back to Acura or step-up to lexus/infiniti.

You're crazy if you dont buy a maxima
By felix183333 on 08/06/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a long time Nissan buyer and this 2006 maxima is one of my best buys from Nissan. I love the power and the handling. Most vehicles with this power and options are very costly. Nissan, as always has found away to put the best of all cars in a Maxima. If you dont understand, test drive a Maxima and other cars in its class and Your heart will tell you to buy Nissan.

excellent
By maxima se on 07/27/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

i love my car this my fifth new maxima that i have owned my first in 1988 they have come along ways since then. i now live in las vegas i drove the car, by myself, from Tuscumbia, Al. had no trouble at all. i have people all the time commenting about how great of a good looking car i have. i'm proud to be seen driving it. the color is white, interior, tan leather, moon roof the works. i'm 60 years old and feel 30, what more can i say. good luck to new owners of a se maxima. there,s nothing better. thanks, Linda, Las Vegas

nissan maxima
By terry smith on 06/02/06 15:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

love my nissan. steering jerky and nissan will not let you add options

I really like this car
By 7thnissan on 05/10/06 14:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I got this car for my wife, but I got to drive it on a 600 mile trip. We averaged 27 mpg city and highway. The Maxima was very comfortable and roomy, trunk space was unbeliveable. The two kids had enough room in the back to make their own little nest without touching each other. I drive a 95 Q45 and the Maxima has nearly all the same features except for the V8, didn't miss it.

Great car to drive
By Ec Havranek on 03/02/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is very quiet in driving. The transmission has a smooth start, no jerking into 1st gear. The interior has a very comfortable seat. The dash board and accessories are a pleasure to see and use. The engine has a sufficient am't of HP. Engine design is very nice and clean. When driving at higher speeds, the ride is very smooth. The Nissan models have a reputation of having mileage of upto 300,000 mi.

Wife's Maxima
By galangley on 11/21/05 09:50 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

We have driven Chevrolets for 50 yrs. and went for a test drive in the Altima and my wife liked it, just as we were leaving we spotted the Maxima and drove it away. We have 11,000 miles on it now and are averaging 27mpg. Nissan has been great with their service.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.