Used 2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

The Altima is better!!
By Charletta

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car last year in November, a 2006 Maxima. With just a little over 100,000 miles on it.. And only 2days after I purchased it, the transmission started to slip. Cause a massive jerk when I put the car into drive. I have taken to several dealerships and shops to have it tested and everyone keeps telling me that there's absolutely nothing wrong with my car. It had an "as is" sign in it so they would not take it back. It has been nothing but a headache since I bought the car. And it still jerks very hard. My Altima is a much better car in my opinion. And much more reliable.. So, I'm stuck with a 10,000 dollar car that runs like crap!!

First time car buyer SORRY I DID IT!
By Mona Diallo

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've read the reviews here and my car is no different. I just bought my car three days ago with 80,000 on it I test drove the car it drove beautifully but before I could get I noticed the trans slipping. I took it back to dealer just to find out that indeed it has a transmission problem....now what do I do?

early death of transmission
By n.c.

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Nissan Maxima in 2008 with low miles from a dealership. By the time it hit 72,000 miles, the transmission was jerking. I called the dealer who said the warranty was up, so they could not help me. What? R U kidding? I've had two Maximas a 1998 and a 1999 that performed well over 200k miles. I called headquarters who told me to get a diagnosis from Nissan service only which costs $130. Service rep said I need another tranny which would cost $3,000's . that's for a rebuilt transmission. Waiting for headquarters to take action.

I love my Nissan Maxima 2006
By William Betancourt

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car 7 years ago. It has been so good to me. Thank God I have no problems with mine. I take good care of my car. I literally pray before I get a car and prayed that my Nissan will not give me major problems. Till this day I still have it. Has not given me major problems and i truly love it! Love the inside and out! I have driven this car far places, drives great. Overall its the best car I have ever own.

Never thought I would get stranded in a Nissan
By victor

2006 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Was searching for a reliable car to get me through college. Bought this car hoping it would do the job. It ran great for 3 weeks untill the transmission went out while driving. Had to pull over and get the car towed home. Now im stuck far from home with basically no transportation. Im getting quotes from $2.5-3.5k on transmision rebuilds. What a nightmare. do not buy this car unless you get the manual one.