Used 2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Hard shifting transmission.
By GeoTech

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Hello Guys. For those who have the hard shift problems of your transmission. The fix is about $65. Find shifter kit on eBay. Watch YouTube video on how to fix the 3 selenoids and your car will be running again smoothly. Average time 3-4 hrs. Do take apart the valve assembly because it's only the selenoids. This is a problem from not changing the transmission fluids. You will need mechanical knowledge to do this fix. Hope this helps.

The Altima is better!!
By Charletta

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car last year in November, a 2006 Maxima. With just a little over 100,000 miles on it.. And only 2days after I purchased it, the transmission started to slip. Cause a massive jerk when I put the car into drive. I have taken to several dealerships and shops to have it tested and everyone keeps telling me that there's absolutely nothing wrong with my car. It had an "as is" sign in it so they would not take it back. It has been nothing but a headache since I bought the car. And it still jerks very hard. My Altima is a much better car in my opinion. And much more reliable.. So, I'm stuck with a 10,000 dollar car that runs like crap!!

First time car buyer SORRY I DID IT!
By Mona Diallo

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've read the reviews here and my car is no different. I just bought my car three days ago with 80,000 on it I test drove the car it drove beautifully but before I could get I noticed the trans slipping. I took it back to dealer just to find out that indeed it has a transmission problem....now what do I do?

To many repairs in a short time.
By Robert

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The engine is great. The equipment attached to it is weak. I have had to replace the transmission, the computer box, the power steering pressure hose, the power steering box the radio, the power attachments for cellphone hookup do not work, The sunroof is faulty, works when it wants too. The time waiting for parts to repair is unbelieveable. The windows are not made to keep out the road noise. this car has been in the shop more times than my 1999 Durango which has 274000 miles. and is More reliable than my 2006 Max with 164000 miles. I have owned an 1989 Maxima, and the clutch kept going out. It is in the shop now for a new steering unit. I cannot make my money without it. I am going out to buy another car. It will not be a Nissan. I would not recommend it unless it is a truck.

Transmission
By kevin

2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

i should of looked this car up before i brought it cause everybody is talking about a bad transmission got mt car with 85k miles on it dealer said he just put a new transmission in it but doesnt seem like it car jerks forward alot when shifting gears i think nissan should have to recall this car if everybody is having the same problem.