Cam Crank Sensors 200K+miles 2005 Nissan Max
By margiea4 on
2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased my 2005 with 13K miles - not perfect on the maintenance, but I do take care of it. This car has surpassed 200K miles (do a lot of driving). Problem with transmission and dash warnings with TCS with car stalling not shifting into gear. Transmission shop wanted 3800.00 :-(. Got second opinion and got computer analysis. Spent $160.00 on sensors and hubby did the work. Hubby automatic Hero Status :-). Car runs like a baby again. Thank you YouTube.
Favorite Features
Car has had minimal problems. Did the major tune up at 200K miles and it needed a engine gasket replacement - $380.00
Suggested Improvements
Headlights :-( they keep turning yellow and are more dim). Continue to clean and polish.
By rcs26
on 04/23/14 13:44 PM (PDT)

Hello, I also have 2005 Maxima with 130K. Since last couple of months, I got the same problem. I was told by the dealer to have new transmission. I still feel that there is a problem with sensors. A year ago, I changed 1 cam shaft sensor and didn't change the 2nd one. Could you please also tell me what sensors your husband replaced? I would really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

By nikkole1972
on 03/19/14 04:47 AM (PDT)

Hi, ive had a lot of problems with my 2005 Maxima. Everyone is saying I need a new transmission but I saw your post and was hoping mine is also just in need of some sensors..Could you please tell me what SENSORS you and your husband replaced.