2005 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Cam Crank Sensors 200K+miles

2005 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

2005 Nissan Maxima

3.5 SE Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Cam Crank Sensors 200K+miles 2005 Nissan Max
By margiea4 on

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 with 13K miles - not perfect on the maintenance, but I do take care of it.
This car has surpassed 200K miles (do a lot of driving). Problem with transmission and dash warnings with TCS with car stalling not shifting into gear.
Transmission shop wanted 3800.00 :-(.
Got second opinion and got computer analysis. Spent $160.00 on sensors and hubby did the work. Hubby automatic Hero Status
:-).
Car runs like a baby again. Thank you YouTube.

Car has had minimal problems. Did the major tune up at 200K miles and it needed a engine gasket replacement - $380.00

Headlights :-( they keep turning yellow and are more dim). Continue to clean and polish.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By traveler39
on 10/19/14 03:26 AM (PDT)

did anyone hear back to WHAT sensors needed to be changed? I changed one can position sensor ( the computer reading said it was bad). But not sure of another?

By nikkole1972
on 03/19/14 04:47 AM (PDT)

Hi, ive had a lot of problems with my 2005 Maxima. Everyone is saying I need a new transmission but I saw your post and was hoping mine is also just in need of some sensors..Could you please tell me what SENSORS you and your husband replaced.

By rcs26
on 04/23/14 13:44 PM (PDT)

Hello, I also have 2005 Maxima with 130K. Since last couple of months, I got the same problem. I was told by the dealer to have new transmission. I still feel that there is a problem with sensors. A year ago, I changed 1 cam shaft sensor and didn't change the 2nd one. Could you please also tell me what sensors your husband replaced? I would really appreciate. Thanks in advance.