RECALL
By krudulph on
2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
Don't buy this car, I have experienced one problem after another from the transmission failing in 2 years from the catalytic converter and solenoid failing at 5. That is over $8,000 in repairs. Do your homework on the Maxima years 2004-06 (mine is a 2005). There is a class action lawsuit against Nissan. Beware, this is an absolute lemon!
By admax69
on 02/22/12 11:16 AM (PST)

I agree I had to keep my maxima in my parents garage for a few months just because of the damn transmission.. even the transmission people had the hardest time rebuilding it and still having that damn hard shift between 2nd and 3rd. I love the car for its space and power but its reliablitlity has been horrific. Ive complained to Nissan several times and even wrote corprate a few times and they have always given me the 3rd degree. They feel they arent responsible for this issue but if you search or even ask a 2005 Nissan Maxima owner they will explain to you the costly repairs they have faced or need to face. I love nissan but after this car I will never buy from the car company again.. now if they would have just faced the issues and fixed their product I would have most certainly bought another nissan..

By sharonlh
on 03/06/12 11:55 AM (PST)

I know the feeling! I just spent $3700 on a rebuilt transmission! It's still a mystery to me how Nissan can deny these cars have problems. It is really sad. I could have got the transmission replaced at the Nissan dealer for $3450 but I refuse to give Nissan any more money to fix "their" problem. Now I am saving up $750 to get the catalytic converter replaced. I'm just praying nothing else goes wrong with this car. I will never buy Nissan again!

By jaycee12
on 03/23/12 09:28 AM (PDT)

I too am facing repairs with my 2005 Nissan Maxima. The Nissan dealership where I take my car for repairs told me that is was the transmission. I was not satisfied with that, so I got a second opinion. I recently got a second opinion and I was told that it was the motor. The 05 Maxima has some issues with both the moter and transmission. The motor I was told that it was notorius for oil consumption and did not compress properly. I do not have the money to get these problems fixed like this. This is rediculous. If Nissan knew they had a problem with these components, why will they not confess up and make it right. I understand that there is a class action law suit. How do I add my signature to this petition. They are heartless. Every mechanic that I have spoken to about my issues said that Nissan had problems with the 05 Maxima with these components. I will never purchase another one that's for sure. And I will make sure everyone that is contemplating to purchase one do not.

By ymonday1966
on 02/08/12 20:17 PM (PST)

and i'm filing one too getting all the names together first!!

By ymonday1966
on 02/08/12 20:16 PM (PST)

so true because i have 2005 too and it cost me about 4000 already!!