2005 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: My 2005 Pearl-Xima

2005 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SL Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

My 2005 Pearl-Xima
By vkmaxima on

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well my last review was in November 2010, and I must say my car is doing great. Even though it is 6 years old, I still get plenty of compliments. The ride quality, performance, and basic usability in this car has been awesome. I get about 24.7 MPG, on premium fuel, in mixed driving. City is about 19-23 MPG, and 30-33 MPG on the highway. As for the transmission, now that I've realized, I should have checked the transmission oil often than rely on the manufactures recommendation. It's been over a year since the rebuilt, and she is still shifting smoothly. I do the oil change myself, and ONLY use Nissan's K-Matic Oil. Do it yourself, it's MUCH cheaper than having the dealer do it for you.

Performance, performance, performance!!! The ride quality is quite nice, I don't understand why people expect it to drive like a Rolls Royce. The suspension on the SL is very comfortable, but does not lack performance or stability. The Bose speakers are awesome, but sometimes the sub-woofers tend to be a little too much. Other great features like the Xenon lights, Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel, Memory Seating, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel ect really make you feel as if this were a premium German luxury car.

Transmission period..... I really feel Nissan has neglected all their customers by not enforcing ANY kind of recall. I would like the turning radius to be a TAD bit better. Then again this is a pretty long car. I'd include the engines mounts, but they shot out because of the transmission's violent shifts. Overall I think I'll be keeping my Maxima for a very long time.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By vkmaxima
on 12/09/11 08:44 AM (PST)

It takes in about 3.5. Make sure it's exactly that amount. Best of luck :)

By rhandy1970
on 11/18/11 08:45 AM (PST)

Hi, Quick question: how many quarts of kmatic do you use when you change your transmission fluid? Thanks! Roland