fast fun family ride
By mrjustin24 on
2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We bought our Maxima used and got a great deal on it. It was super reliable, super fast and had plenty of space. This car was an awesome drive. The exterior design was great in its day but aged quickly I feel like. The dash design was stupid. The fake suede material on the dash didn't fool anyone into luxury. The rest of the car was great. We had no problem squeezing 29-30 mpg out on the highway after being told by the dealership it would never happen.
Favorite Features
Speed and handling
Suggested Improvements
Rear wheel drive would make this car amazing
By thejoker23
on 10/07/14 04:20 AM (PDT)

Do you think this would be a good car for my daughters first car?

By ashlynnnpaigee
on 10/09/14 05:33 AM (PDT)

@thejoker23, to be honest no.. I just got a 05 Maxima & it's a great car to drive but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to have the timing chains replaced.(It makes a rattling noise whenever I press the gas sometimes) & it was making this whine/whistling noise whenever I would press the gas. I was thinking the noise was my power steering pump but it has fluid in it. The timing belt has been replaced from the previous owner. The power Steering has a bad leak which isn't much to fix but it's just the return line that's leaking but what I'm getting to is, a bunch of Maxima's have the same problems.. Look more into it before you waste your money on a car that will end up tearing up like mine.. Hondas are great cars and very reliable.. A Civic would be a nice first car or a Scion Tc..