2005 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Don't buy any Maxima between 0

2005 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

3.5 SL Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Don't buy any Maxima between 04-06.
By VKMaxima on

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our car in Nov.of 2008. The car ran beautifully for about a year. Then around mid 2009 the car began jerking. The jerks became more and more violent as time progressed. We then had it checked by Nissan, but it was too late for the power-train warranty. Thankfully we purchased the CarMax Ext'd. warranty. Had the job done by AAMCO,and about two months later the problem arose again. They then replaced the valve-body,and its now running "better", but not like before. I truly love my Maxima,but I feel Nissan has neglected many of their customers. I just wished that Nissan took some responsibility for their actions. Overall it is a GREAT car. The 07-08 is a much better choice.

The looks, style, power tilt/telescoping wheel, Xenon lights, power folding mirrors, seat memory w/remote feature, PERFORMANCE!, heated seats, Bose system, fuel economy is pretty good for a V6.

TRANSMISSION, turning radius, road noise. But I mostly would suggest the transmission,I feel it is the most important improvement. Overall it's a great car.
By vkmaxima
on 03/09/11 22:07 PM (PST)

I've just been informed that the reason the transmission goes out is because Nissan states the transmission oil should be changed every 60k miles, they were wrong. I spoke to a Nissan specialist who stated that the AISIN transmission should have a oil every 30K miles. I've had my transmission repaired by AAMCO and I am waiting for clearance to have a new one put in. This car is a great car, if you maintain it properly. My transmission started acting up around 55K miles so if I knew that it had to be changed at 30K miles I think would be writing an excellent review on this car. Shame on Nissan for not being responsible for incorrect information. Other than that I truly love my Maxima.