Disappointed with 2005 Maxima SE
By Bailey on
2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
At 34,600 miles, my brake light and battery light began to blink intermittently. I took it to the Nissan dealer the next day and the service writer told me it was most likely a bad alternator. Four hours and $671.56 later the car was repaired. I did not buy the extended warranty so I paid for it in full. The next day I called Nissan's customer service line to see if there were any recalls or if there was any way they could at least give me a break on the price of the alternator ($345.00). Of course, there were no recalls, and no, they would not reimburse me for the replacement cost of the faulty alternator. Sorry, Nissan, I will not purchase or recommend a Nissan product again.
Favorite Features
Engine is very quiet and very responsive. Getting 20 MPG in town and around 28 MPG on highway.
Suggested Improvements
Need to improve quality of chrome strips on roof. Replaced mine twice already in four years (dealership broke windshield installing the first set). Turning radius is large for such a small vehicle. Interior noise can be excessive on course pavement.