2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Love it! Hate it!
By Love it!Hate it! on 12/31/08 09:41 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 3 years ago and since I have had to replace the front struts for the third time with only 57000 miles it's too much. My transmission started skipping and kicking at 52000 was replaced under warranty and now the engine Mounts which are extremely expensive are out.This is besides some electrical issues with the lights. So you can imagine why I hate it.

Problem with frontend
By Val on 11/05/08 11:40 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive and has a great pick up and go but keep having problems with the front end. I have replaced both wheel bears, brakes & tires with only have 58K. still making a noise like the brakes are low when I stop but when I replace the bearings it stopped the steering wheel from shaking.

Great looks, no reliability
By manny andujar on 09/30/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Maxima for about 3 years now and I love it. This car performs, as well as offer great style. I take care of my car and I would expect it to last. Sadly it has me fed up with its annoying problems such as when I put the cd player on, the left side speakers don't work, the transmission jumps, the back of the car spins out easily, there is even an annoying flickering sound. Sometimes it reeks like rotten eggs, and the steering radius is horrible. I love my car, and I might not ever part with it. It has only 40,000 miles and when I can afford it I'm gonna have to get a new transmission, cat converter, cd player and new finger valves.

2005 maxima
By TMoore on 09/23/08 21:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 2005 Nissan and I get lots of compliments and several friends purchased one after I allowed them to drive mine. Awesome torque on the highway, great maneuvering and handling. This is my 2nd Maxima and I really enjoy my car however, my a/c was out of coolant after @18 months. I only received notice about 1 recall, dislike cheap interior panel. Motor mounts needed replacing after around 86K

LEMON
By Melly on 09/23/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I will have to say that this car has really cost me an arm and a leg. This car has been to the dealership over 20 times since I purchased it in 2005. I had to replace several front end parts at 30,000 miles or less. Also, at 72, 000 miles I had to replace the transmission. Nissan was very awful at fixing their own products. This car has literally broke me in the past two years. My maxima is in the shop at this time getting a hub and strut assembly for the front right. I am very upset about purchasing this car. I have replaced almost every part on the car with the exception of an new engine. I will never purchase another Nissan.

Fun car, few complaints.
By John on 08/17/08 10:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The Maxima is overall a great car. It has quick acceleration for a car of its size, and provides a nice ride. It has so many great features like memory and heated seats, satellite radio, and everything else needed to make a car feel like home. The exterior looks amazing, especially with my optional "amazing" package, with great looking bright chrome rims and grille. I have gotten so many compliments on an awesome looking car. The paint does chip easily though, and I have spent a lot on detail work. Inside, everything feels fairly nice, although some parts are a bit cheesy. The controls are overly-complicated, but manageable. The Bose stereo sounds good.

Flawless Acceleration
By Ultritium on 08/07/08 18:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove other mid-size cars in similar price ranges; Camry, Accord Ex, Mustang GT 4.0 and none accelerated like the Maxima. I do a lot of highway driving, and hate not being able to pull out and away from a bunch of slow pokes, who love riding each others bumpers.

Great Car
By Lori on 07/14/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned numerous cars in the past from luxury to high performance. This car is the best car I have EVER owned. I have never, not once, had any mechanical failure or difficulty in regards to the engine. The only problems that I had were initially, when I bought the car, the right rear window mechanism broke 2 times in 2 weeks. It was replaced both times.

Great Car
By JD on 06/09/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome car, drives great, no problems so far. Gas mileage 23.5 city 28.0 hwy with regular fuel, premium fuel doesn't do anything that I notice the mileage and the power are the same, all you do is give the oil companies more money.

Good buy!
By sd on 05/22/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it when it was 34K miles. Now it's 67K miles, no issues whatsoever! Pricey tires though, had to replace every year (but looks great). Some minor rattle coming from the center console. 20 mpg not sure whether its good or bad but somewhat high compared to my old 4 cyl Camry that was sold to get this one. Will buy M35 next after this one gets to be 100K.