Used 2005 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Good Car + Investment
By maxima05_slse

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it Used, on 2007 at a Nissan Dealer with 9,000 miles on it(Aprox.) Although is a Buy Back/Lemon Law Classified. I got a good Price and the Car was Just like New. the reason for the Owner to Return the Car was for some Gases Fumes from the Engine getting Inside the Cabin Area. They Fixed but the Client did not want the Car back. Dealer took it Back by Buy Back Program(AKA-Lemon Law Statues) Since, the Car did not have any mayor Problems with it. Just the Regular Maintenance Parts & Services. The only thing the Car was Fixed was the Sway Bar and some other Front Steering Parts but under the Warranty during 1st 3 months. It is a very Powerful Car and have Lot Space. Great Family Car.

1 - Powerful Engine. 2 - Great Space Inside Cabin. 3 - Luxury Interiors Sporty Look Seats. 4 - Big Trunk w/Access from the Cabin Back Seat. 5 - Good Mileage M.P.G. on Hwy. 6 - Good Control. 7 - Good Technology in General. 8 - Great & Powerful Bose DVD6's-Tape-Radio Music & Speakers. 9 - Good Safety features. 10 - Affordable price for what you Get compared to another Similar Cars from All other Brands. 11 - I Recommended 100% by my Experience. ** I am a Customer Service at a Car Quest Auto Parts and we do not Get much Sales from Parts to any of Maxima Cars from Around. Very Trusted/Reliable Engine & other Car Components. I had a BMW 330 before the Maxima and I still prefer the Maxima.

1 - Needs Better M.P.G. on City. 2 - Needs Better Curve Maneuvers to Park the Car. 3 - Better Warranty( I mean, More Miles + Years on Bumper to Bumper One). 4 - Better Service by some of their Dealers. 5 - More, Extra Accessories Availability & Variety in General to be Offered/Presented to the Car Owners/Buyers.

Nissan sucks
By av_guy

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Spoke to Nissan and they won't give me the time of day to help replace my transmission.
It's been replaced once already and they won't listen.
Besides the transmission, the lumbar system which was recalled is broken again, the fog lights have been replaced at least 6 times.
Nissan has the worst customer service at their HQ.
I wouldn't buy another Nissan.
They don't care about their customers, so why should I patronize them by purchasing another vehicle from them.
They really suck.

Better customer support

Don't buy any Maxima between 04-06.
By VKMaxima

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our car in Nov.of 2008. The car ran beautifully for about a year. Then around mid 2009 the car began jerking. The jerks became more and more violent as time progressed. We then had it checked by Nissan, but it was too late for the power-train warranty. Thankfully we purchased the CarMax Ext'd. warranty. Had the job done by AAMCO,and about two months later the problem arose again. They then replaced the valve-body,and its now running "better", but not like before. I truly love my Maxima,but I feel Nissan has neglected many of their customers. I just wished that Nissan took some responsibility for their actions. Overall it is a GREAT car. The 07-08 is a much better choice.

The looks, style, power tilt/telescoping wheel, Xenon lights, power folding mirrors, seat memory w/remote feature, PERFORMANCE!, heated seats, Bose system, fuel economy is pretty good for a V6.

TRANSMISSION, turning radius, road noise. But I mostly would suggest the transmission,I feel it is the most important improvement. Overall it's a great car.

Very unhappy
By VERY UNHAPPY

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my maxima for quite some time now and I'm just experiencing the problems. I now have to replace my transmission, which seems to be a common problem with this car. And the transmission is very expensive. We are trying to find a cheaper route than the 4,000 price the transmission company is charging. But before the transmission I didn't have any problems. I think its quite unfair that EVERYONE is having the same problem with their car. That means its a problem in the manufacturing of this vehicle..And to think I was going to consider getting another maxima! I dont think so! not a good buy!

Bose radio system

something needs to be done about this transmission issue!

Our Maxima has been AWESOME!
By Wicksy

2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is sad to see all the issues some are having with their Maxima's. Ours has been problem free and we hope this continues. If the new one wasn't so expensive we would look at upgrading. Great car, and a great value.

Bose Stereo, Exterior, and the large cabin as both my wife and I are 6'+

Just what they have done with the new one, make it a true 4 dr sports car.